S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Looking for front mount intercooler 4 my 2001 s4

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guy13699
Hey guys,
Im still lookin 4 the couple of questions i posted a cople of days ago.. If anyone knows the answers to any of these please let me know...

Thanks as always,
Guy

I highly suggest getting JHM's power steering cooler and mounting it above the FMIC. The stock ps cooler will need to be removed.

I used Vast's oil cooler, but mounted it where the passenger stock IC was using some metal strip that I got from home depot. You don't need to get an oil cooler for an FMIC install though.

For a cold air intake, you should wait until you go to stage 3. Then size it to match your larger MAF housing. For now, you can do the Darintake mod.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guy13699
But i want a fmic now pretty bad.... But 2 more questions and sorry if they sound dumb, but if i get a fmic do i have to get a different oil cooler?? And 2 is there any company out there that makes a full cold air intake kit 4 our cars?? I cant seem to find one!! Any feedback is always appreciated..

Thank, Guy
N, you don't need the oil cooler, but the power steering cooler and the electric fan options are a good idea. JHM carries both of those as well.

As far as cold air intakes: your stock intake has a snorkel that delivers fresh air at ambient temps from outside the engine bay. It's not a cold-air intake exactly, but it's pretty close. The intake options are pretty limited: you can get the s-flo from AWE and VAST has a cone filter + carbon fiber housing set-up. I have not run into a cold-air intake for this car, probably because there is just no where outside of the engine bay to stick the filter.

Anyway, I suggest keeping the stock airbox until you go stage 3. Those kits normally include the RS4 airbox.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The EFK is nice.. But the PS cooler is great since it is super cheap.

You will need to modify or let the stock PS cooler hang under the car if you don't do add the cooler.