S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

McDonald Audi in Denver is trying to find suckers for an S4

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-1999, 08:13 AM
Kevin

Default McDonald Audi in Denver is trying to find suckers for an S4

I have been taking to one of their salesmen for about 2 months now about either an s4 or the a6 2.7T. Basically, although I enjoy my current a4, I can't see ordering a car until I've seen it and have driven it. To make a long story short they have been telling be MSRP will be the cost of the car, so yesterday morning they call me up and inform me that they have 4 s4s on the lot. I show up in the afternoon, check out the s4s. After seeing these cars I figure the a6 can wait until I'm 40. Then comes the killer, they are adding $3500 to the MSRP of the car as if ~$5000 is not enough profit. What really is annoying is that they could have told me about this 'dealer shafting' crap weeks before yesterday to save me time. Needless to say, I walked. So, if anybody feels like being taken advantage of and paying a dealer 24% in profit, check out McDonald.

Kevin
'96 A4, 2.8, 5spd, Perl --- lacking power.
Old 09-21-1999, 08:37 AM
Nate Sammons

Default Re: McDonald Audi in Denver is trying to find suckers for an S4

I've heard nothing but bad things about McDonald in Denver. I went there about 1.5 years ago when I was looking at A4s, and they wouldn't give me the time of day.

Prestige in Denver seems like a reputable dealer -- they sponsored a Quattro driving school in May and the people there seem good. The owner (I think) was at the event driving a vintage Porshe and said he "couldn't charge over MSRP in good conscience" which was nice to hear.

I'm buying from Ed Carroll in Ft. Collins. Partly because I bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse from them when I was in college (they treated me nicely even though I was a slobby computer science student at the time). I also bought my 98.5 A4 1.8TQMS from them, and have never had any problems from them.

Anyway, maybe a4.org should start a dealership registry where people can rate the dealerships, sales people, etc and write in comments... what does everyone think? I think it would be a great resource for people looking to get into Audis and not looking to get screwed.

-nate
Old 09-21-1999, 08:58 AM
Steve S.

Default Normal profit on the car from invoice to MSRP is about $4,200 - $4,300...but

They are being jerks....tell them to go fly a kite

Steve S.
97 2.8qM
Old 09-21-1999, 09:03 AM
NickS

Default Dealership registry good idea but....

I don't know the liability issues involved with that. As a consumer, I would look forward to having a list of dealerships that people are satisfied/unsatisfied with.
Old 09-21-1999, 09:20 AM
Scot Kight

Default Re: Dealership registry good idea but....

No liability issues as long as its kept to a consumer ranking type. Basically a "review" basis, with people telling what they feel happened. As long as noone says "And this guy commited a crime etc," when it didnt happen.

Something like audioreview.com where they have reviews, and a number system based on how you felt you were treated.

Should be a simple enough access database.
Scot
Old 09-21-1999, 09:31 AM
LS

Default Pray Audi in Greenwich, CT

Since we are talking about bad dealerships, I dont mind adding my 2 cents for a good one.

Ive been dealing with these guys for serveral years and they cant be more helpful. Ive already bought three cars from them and looking to pick up a Silver S4. My salesman is more than willing to work with me and give me a car close to Invoice. Im guessing 800-1500 over. Which seems very fair.

LS
'98 A4 2.8 30V Q
'99 A6
Old 09-21-1999, 10:28 AM
Reggie

Try Ed Carroll in Fort Collins - should be MSRP
Old 09-21-1999, 11:25 AM
RocketJohn

Try Phil Long down in C.Springs... MSRP - Baybee...
Old 09-21-1999, 12:14 PM
Phil S

Re:I have had very good experience with Pray Audi also.
Old 09-21-1999, 01:12 PM
Reed Merritt

Default Prestige Imports, Lakewood, CO (suburb of Denver)

Kevin:

I have a 2000 S4 Tiptronic on order from Prestige Imports at MSRP. I have personally dealt with Prestige for over 14 years, since I moved to Denver from Kansas City with my '84 4000 Quattro in 1985. They have always treated me very well, especially in the service area. It's a direct result of their exceptional service manager, Karl Bahre, IMHO. Karl makes sure things get done right and timely.

As a direct result of our excellent treatment in the service department, my wife bought a '95 A6 Quattro from Prestige in November of '94. I recommend you contact my salesman, Sergio Suun, or the Sales Manager, Wayne Pierce, at (303) 238-8101. Tell them I sent you. Then let me know what happens and what price you get quoted, please. BTW, Prestige's General Manger is Don Adis (same phone number).

I cannot comment on McDonald, as I have never dealt with them. I have not had to look elsewhere besides Prestige and haven't.

Reed

P.S. I have absolutely nothing to do with Prestige Imports. I am just a satisfied customer hoping to help out a fellow Audi enthusiast..

R

Quick Reply: McDonald Audi in Denver is trying to find suckers for an S4