S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Message from a "Cop" to AudiS4Biturbo and Toasty

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I do, but not when they pick upon people for ridiculous thing like license plates...

If I'm speeding, ticket me...if I'm racing by all means, ticket me...otherwise find some geriatric who can drive who endangers all our life's. I don't know where you live, but around here cops wait out side of schools while kids are being killed!!! I think we all know what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2001, 10:12 PM
Former Vendor

Default Ask your dad if you can move to the ghetto then :P

It's one or the other my man, there's compromises everywhere you live. Would you rather live in a nice area, nice house, nice car with a relatively high insurance bill. (which i'm sure you get a little help on paying for, be honest.) Or would you rather live in some area where your car could get stolen, vandalized, shot at..etc? Sure, cops in your area probably don't have hardly anything to do...maybe that's a clue that you should tone your driving down in that area? The S4 isn't as stealth as some people think.
Old 06-26-2001, 10:18 PM

Default i agree with what your saying

i dont know how im supposed to tone down my driving because i have to drive 5 under the speed limit AT ALL TIMES. these cops have terrorized me! also, my area isnt safe because of the cops there, its just far enough away from the city... cops didnt have anything to do with it. ben email me if you want an a$$ kicking in CS
Old 06-26-2001, 10:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Huh?

"I don't know where you live, but around here cops wait out side of schools while kids are being killed!!!"

Say what?!!!!
Old 06-26-2001, 10:49 PM

Default riiiight

stop making yourself out to be the hero of society. this is the typical 'cop' mentality that gives you guys a bad name. its the 'i think ive got the biggest *****' power trip complex really annoys everyone.
Old 06-27-2001, 02:45 AM
Elder Member

Default Everyone knows why licence plates are required on the front of the car.

The addition of them dramatically increased the accuracy of radar guns, and made the use of laser possible.
Old 06-27-2001, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ah...it was off topic...this is an S4 forum

I didn't moderate it...but it still is better suited to the off-topic forum. I know CW..and he usually stays on topic...so it is fine to stay here...but the fact remains ...

You need to lighten up...the post is not deleted..it is just moderated. If you have your preferences checked as "view moderated" you see the post and can respond to it.

Relax. No one is gonna eat your Maypo.
Old 06-27-2001, 04:41 AM

Default Re: street racing

Honestly Pat, nothing. I've been on the Dept for 7 years this Sept. I've always tried to maintain what it's like on the civilian side of things. ie. I understand why motorcyclists need to go faster than the speed of traffic.
You're not going to stop street racing. If you're doing it on a little used or country road like you described, then I personally have no problem with it. I must admit that I continue to 'race'. Albeit where it can be done w/out putting safety at too much risk. I do not do anything crazy to get my rocks off. I'm talking just fast acceleration, no high speed stuff.
Funny thing, yesterday a guy in a lowered, coffee canned, stickered, gauges on the A pillar was next to my wife and I at a light. We were in her stock V6 Accord. I punched it (to my wife's chagrin) and easily whupped him. oooh boy it made him mad. At the next light he kept revving his engine and 'chirping' the tires, but I turned right.
The biggest problem I have with this board is people hammering officers. Unfortunately, a bad experience with one clouds people's thoughts of every officer. Stereotyping is inescapable of officers, and it sucks because some of us are college educated and are good people.
Old 06-27-2001, 04:44 AM

Default Re: correction on PC

"FYI, it's probable cause to stop you"

I meant to state, No front LP is PC to be stopped.
Old 06-27-2001, 04:55 AM

Default Re:

What can I say. I can not answer for every law enforcement official for the way they work. All I can say is I disagree with 'profiling' merely due to ones ethnicity/race. If you've a clean arrest record and are not a suspect for anything, then they're in the wrong.

"especially to younger, non-white people in expensive cars." In response to this directly, I believe officers look at ANY young person driving an expensive car.

The only reason I started this thread is for people to understand that all officers are not bad apples and show some decency by not lumping us all in the same heap. Unfortunately I'm in an occupation that is probably more stereotyped than any other.

Quick Reply: Message from a "Cop" to AudiS4Biturbo and Toasty