S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

More cool things about the S4...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-1999, 09:58 PM
Scot McKay

Default More cool things about the S4...

Has anyone else noticed that the overhead "ambient" LEDs always reflect on the shift ****, effectively marking the shift **** in the dark!? I hope this isn't an accident, because it's too cool.

Isn't it cool how the the base of the needles on the dash gauge are underlit!?

One other thing...Craig L.'s experience also is mine. I have a rear S4 badge on order because some of the red paint came off with the "protective" tape.
Old 10-02-1999, 04:25 AM
CraigL

Default Scot, any idea how long your car was in port for? (more)

I wonder if the adheasive they used bonded too much with the red paint of the badge while the cars sat in port for a long time?

Congrats on your car!!

-Craig
Old 10-02-1999, 05:55 AM
Scot McKay

Default Mine was indeed at the port for five or six weeks. (more)

Houston has been hot (90-100 daily) as usual the past few weeks, so I'd bet what you're saying is true.
Old 10-02-1999, 07:46 AM
johnj

Default Re: More cool things about the S4...

Hey Scot-How's the car? What color/options? Any plans for aftermarket? We're having APR here in SanAntonio on the 16th-Hope you can make it-details later- Good Luck with the car!

JOHN.
Old 10-02-1999, 09:19 AM
Scot McKay

Default Great Car! (more)

Check out my post below--that about sums it up.

I would LOVE to chip the car, if and when I am confident it won't trash the motor. If the thing had 320-340 HP, we all could start taping $5 bills to the dashboard and betting our friends.

The only "aftermarket" purchase so far was the set of anodized silver aluminum valve caps I snagged this morning. These were a must.

Did you happen to see the car at Rod East? It was there a couple of days. You are going to be blown away by how good the silver/onyx looks in person. The silver is pearlescent and just looks like a floodlight sitting there. Quintessentially German. With the dash lights and badges all red, litterally everything on the car is black or silver (or xenon!) with just that accenting touch of red. The bleached wood trim was born for this color combo. They also have an Imola/onyx "demo", which looks great. Check out the A6 3.2 at Rod East also--it's a monster.

I was supposed to head back to SA this coming weekend to get my wife's A4 serviced, but now that you mention it, I may wait a week and check out the APR seminar. Is it at the dealer?
Old 10-02-1999, 01:56 PM
CraigL

Could be.. mine was in Boston, though.. dunno if it was really warm there or not while mine sat...