S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Mt Hamilton 1000 Turn Drive = Free parking at SFO!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2000, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mt Hamilton 1000 Turn Drive = Free parking at SFO!!

I could swear I already posted this but it disappeared?

Anyways, as so many said, it was a blast! Though only a few of us took the Calaveras Rd back (to attain that magical 1000-Turn milestone). That part of it was particularly, shall we say, spirited :-)

Along the route, we got the usual mixed reactions from the 'spectators'. A family parked near the apex of a skid-blackened curve were all smiles as we thew our fine machines around, tires straining. Later, a motorist coming the other way honked in annoyance, heh. One breathless cyclist swore at us as we made our way down, yet a group of others later on all gave us the thumbs up!

I think we scared the hell out of that guy in the Corvette coming the other way on Calaveras - next time he should get OUT of the hairpin as quick as he can instead of almost coming to a dead stop! At any rate, he only added to our fun, and heartrate.

And MoBrazen, I love the sound of your exhaust, but more importantly, you're the audio king! Forget the coilovers, I need those subs! :-)

As for free parking - I went to SFO a couple hours later, and a traveller tapped on my window to tell me that I was getting a flat on the right rear tire. Yup - a two inch 'something' sticking out on the edge of the tread. Changing the wheel on a median was just the 'parking time' I needed before picking up my passenger.

Thanks to everyone that showed up and to Ted and Steve for the help... we'll do this again to be sure!
Old 09-25-2000, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I must say that the drive back home was even more spirited than the earlier drives..

And you get your car moving pretty good too. Funny how driving a top down car and hearing all wheels squeeling changes the driver perspective quite a bit (and livens passenger he he) Nevertheless, all in good fun and control. Thanks for organizing this awesome trip