S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

MTM Stage II ECU , plus 2004 cab S4 test drive...kinda long!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTM Stage II ECU , plus 2004 cab S4 test drive...kinda long!

It turns out my chip was not the problem. My coolant overflow tank had a small crack that's what was causing the coolant warning on loss of pressure I assume. The only problem I have ever had with this car was a small coolant hose and Audi went through the whole system not 6 months ago so I was convinced it had to be an electronic issue. Anyway thanks to all who offered information?

As I strolled into the dealership to pick up my 2000 S4 I couldn't help but look at the 2004 Silver S4 Cab that was still on the lot from the last time I visited the dealership. A salesman, who noticed me clocking it, came over and we began to chat. Now keep in mind I just paid off the S4 and having the title in my hand for the first time felt darn good. I am always saying how I will never buy a new car again. They depreciate too fast and the only way to go was to buy a nice used car a few years old. This has always been my option even though I never stick to it. I usually fall in love with some new car and buy it. So I'm thinking here we go again. The salesman talks me into a test ride. I jump in the Cab and right I away love the interior, I think the seats are nicer but all in all not a real big difference. I though it would have to be allot quieter, it wasn't, after all it is a Cab. As we drive, at first I'm a bit impressed with car but after a bit I think god this thing really doesn't seem as exciting as my 2000 Bi-Turbo, the aura really wasn't there. I remember buying my 2000 and they were so hot you couldn't find one, yet the dealer had 4 each, 2004's on lot and I got the impression they really want to dump these to make way for the 2005, (if there are going be any 2005 S4's I'm not really keeping up with it). Anyway to end my rant I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with 2004 CAB. Maybe the Cab is a lot heavier and not as quick as the new sedans, again I have no idea. I know one thing feeling like an extra 100 HP from a stock 2000 it doesn't! I think I'll keep my 2000 for awhile and it's the only new car I've owned that I can say that about (prior vehicles RX7, M3, VW Sirocco and a MB 450SL). I guess I finally have my nice used car after all.

I don't want to start any kind of flame war here but I'm interested in options of the B5 platform vs. the B6. And I do feel a bit slighted that the S4 form link takes ya directly to the newer platform. Hehehehe Happy motoring all.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if i had a choice

if i had the money i would probably upgrade to the new S4 sedan, only because i like the v8 feel and I love the feel of the B6's manual transmittion (and i love those recaros)...but i don't have the money, so i won't. its not big enough of a deal to take out a loan for it, i love my B5!! i would definantly never own the cab tho,,those things are soo much slower than the sedans its amazing!