S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

My baby restored back to normal

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My baby restored back to normal

Yea, im a moron i got some horrible scraches and did some bad work to the hood of my car. It looked horrendous. I went to the store and bought some 3m IHG. I had a shop buff the whole car (they said that the hood would stand out if you didnt do the whole car) the guy who did the buffing was a pro, he was really amazing( watched the whole time and it didnt bother him). He actually looked exactly like busta-ryhmes. Not only does the car look just as good as it used to, BUT all the swirl marks are gone. No swirl remover used, but when i drove the car out into the sun, there was not a mark on it at all !!!!

WOW I am left with like 7 scraches in different spots on the car, some new(meaning caused by me when i scratched up the hood last week), some old, these would not come out without compound (which i opted not to do for now) The car looks fantastic. In all, I'd say it was well worth the 50 bucks for 2 and a half ours of amazing work.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:10 AM

awesome, where was the shop and you are not telling us what you did on your hood?:-P
Old 02-11-2002, 11:11 AM
Elder Member

where did you get it detailed? if i remember right you are in NJ somewhere?
Old 02-11-2002, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

"I got my baby back, baby back, baby back"
Old 02-11-2002, 11:13 AM
Elder Member

shoot me now!
Old 02-11-2002, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wasn't a full detail actually, but Gus & Bucky's in bedminster

The main guy there is Mike, he is a partner and they do an amazing job. They really care about your car, so you can trust that they wont do something stupid. I have not had them do a full detail, but they have done hand washes (by appointment (1/2 price if you dont want them to do the interior) and now the buffing.

The regular hand wash guy is named Havier, he is really nice and good at what he does. The guy who did the buffing is Tony. He is a perfectionist and he takes great pride in his work, he might not be the fastest cat on the track but he does the car perfect.

I highly reccomend Summit car wash in NJ (they do amazing detailing)
others:
Jackson Auto Cleaning on rt 22(Horrible)

Kevins Auto detailing in manville - My mom likes this place alot, they do a great quick handwash, but they arent very careful when I go. They have caused stupid scratches to my car. I will not go back here again, also the guy in charge (kevin) doesnt give a **** about cars, he takes pride in making them clean, but he'll tell you a car is a car if he scratches it.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You will think i am stupid. Please have mercy on me.

In a rush, feels like 20 below, car entirely frozen shut from sleet/rain. Ice scraper. There i said it, i am a moron, i used an ice scraper on part of my hood. Biggest mistake i ever made, and I'll never do that again. I DID realize and stop about halfway across, so i didnt destroy the whole car. But its better now and i still feel like a moron.
Old 02-11-2002, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Jerk...now it's in my head.

"Come on Eileen!"

Payback, cowboy.
AudiWorld Super User

Default On another note, personality, quality, and friendliness, G&Bky's is my favorite.

I love cars, so i like to talk about them while mine's being washed. Here you will find other enthusiasts (3 S4s , 2 A6s, and 1 M5 - all in 2hrs) Its fun, and well run place.
AudiWorld Super User

Bwahahahahahaha!

Quick Reply: My baby restored back to normal