S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

My car is now less than perfect!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car is now less than perfect!

(taken from my personal diary, this happened yesterday around 10AM MST)

So what happened to my car? Yesterday, I woke up early in the morning to start running errands. I needed to go to the bank to withdraw some cash since I didn't know my parents received my new card while I was gone in Phoenix. Shortly after I turned from Juan Tabo and Eubank onto Juan Tabo, a large dog started to run across the street. I didn't react fast enough and only managed to try to move as close to the median as possible to try avoiding the dog (and not driving onto the median or into oncoming traffic on the other side of the road. Another quickly discarded option was swerving into the other lane since that would have guaranteed an impact on the drivers side or the middle of my front bumper. I hit the dog pretty hard and I saw shards of my front bumper fly up into the sky. After pulling off to the side of the road as soon as I could, I saw people already moving the deceased dog off of the road and cleaning up the mess. I got out of the car the survey the damages. There were a few loose pieces inside the cracked bumper area so I removed them before they dropped out of my car later. The entire front bumper needs replacing, the hose to the windshield washer pump is broken, the fog light mounting is destroyed (though the fog light is still hanging on pretty good with its wiring"), and it looks like the passenger side intercooler took a little damage as well. I dropped by TriStar Collision as this was a place Premier Motorcars recommended. I felt pretty confident since my dealer recommended them,
the owner of the business drove an Audi TT, and we talked about Audis for a while. I reported the incident to my insurance company next and arranged for an adjuster to call me next week so they can come by and do their own estimate on the damages. Hopefully I can start the process of ordering the necessary parts to repair my car while I'm in Phoenix. There is still a bit of
dog hair in the front bumper as well as something pretty gross and unexplainable on my
right side front rim (I'll have it cleaned off soon). Thankfully the car still drives fine although the cosmetic damage to the front of the car plus killing the random dog put me in a sad mood for most of the morning.
Old 05-19-2002, 12:01 PM

Default you suck

last thing you should care about is the car.
the car is just an object, which can be repaired
easily. not to mention insurance will cover
almost all of it. the dog on the other hand
cannot be repaired. ****ed up that you even
talk about your POS almost bone stock car
being "less than perfect"

try this -- the driver has always been FAR from perfect
try swerving into a pole or something else
next time you decide between your ****ing car
and killing a living being. at least that
way your insurance could consider it comprehensive
instead of collision.

good work jackass. hope your car comes back
all ****ed up.
Old 05-19-2002, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I agree with Waseem and would suggest you delete your post..

Looking @ my house full of animlas I would of picked a fence, a pole over one of them!
Old 05-19-2002, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The post does seem shallow, but owning dogs I would hesitantly opt to...

hit an animal on the road if it meant ensuring that no one else would get hurt.

The post does appear to be extremely shallow, but he tried to note the pursuit of other alternatives than hitting the dog.

Not much you can do if you can't brake in time, there's a car next to you on the right or you'd have to swing into on coming traffic.

If it were me I'd not have written the post that way, but it's not for me to judge his actions. Who knows what the circumstances were.

None the less the post is in bad taste considering the dog died.
Old 05-19-2002, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That's pretty harsh... While it's sad that a DOG ran in front of his car....

you would rather he run up on the sidewalk to hit a pole, possibly endangering HUMAN BEINGS, rather than strike a dog?! Sorry, but I think YOUR priorities are out of whack.

He could have shown some compassion for the animal, but it sounds like plenty of other people were taking care of that.

Ever had a bug hit your windshield? How can you sleep at night, murderer!

If the owners of the dog loved the dog half as much as you seem to, they would have had it on a leash, or behind a fence. If you're going to be outraged, I think you should be outraged at how they treated their dog, not how ppith reacted to hitting the dog.

-Thom
Old 05-19-2002, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ppith, do not delete your post. Leave it right where it is.

It's your car, your insurance, your money,your life and therefore your decision.

When someone else finds themselves with the choices you mentioned then they can take action deemed appropriate. Otherwise everyone who wasn't there, me included can just shut the **** up about it.
Old 05-19-2002, 12:37 PM

Default the shallow feel of his words pissed me off.

and yeah, i'd have him hit a pole instead.
i did worse in my A4, and I was fine... so
was my passenger.
aside from that, you have no idea why the dog
ran across the street... the owners may have
been great, dog might have slipped out... who
knows.

ps: nice color. nice wheels too. nice mats. nice ss. =)
so what made you want the taillights that blink orange when you signal?
pps: had em on my A4.
Old 05-19-2002, 12:41 PM

Default I agree... he's got his right to say whatever he wants.

and so do I. I stick to this: he sucks.
Old 05-19-2002, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'll be devils advocate on this one. We've not asked others in the past to delete posts for hitting

squirrels or deer. A road hazard is a road hazard. I think it's unfair to ask ppith to delete it. As previously postd I'd recommend a rewording of the post to avoid being flamed though.
Old 05-19-2002, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Waseem, I reread your, "you suck" post and you are way out of line.

You weren't there and as innocent as your, "try swerving into a post" suggestion is, I repeat again. You. were. not. there. Furthermore, if he had done something like that and suffered injuries I don't think you and your big mouth would be up there volunteering to help along with anything.

You sure do have the right to your opinion however simple minded and misinformed it is.

He may suck, but you obviously suck dick.

Quick Reply: My car is now less than perfect!