S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

My Real First , Second, Third and Fourth Impressions. (Fri - Mon)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Real First , Second, Third and Fourth Impressions. (Fri - Mon)

OK.

First Impression (Friday)
- Well manual transmissions rule i would like to thank every person on this board who told me to get 6 speed. Color Combo (Santorin/White Alcantara) is AMAZING i love it. The car is beautiful. Drives like a dream i didnt expect it to drive as nice as it does i guess i just expected it to be a little nicer than the A4 2.8's i had driven. one word: "WOW". I love my car. Its best piece of machinery i have ever operated and I'm happy with every aspect of it. If i had write a review, there would be no minuses. The trunk space is great! Space was the only thing i thought i would miss. But I'm Very Happy. I cant explain how boring it is to drive my Jeep(automatic) with 75,000 miles on it.

2nd Impression ( Saturday)
-Saturday was tough i didnt get to be the "kid on christmas morning" cause i had to wake up to the aftermath of the nite before. You have read my posts so you know what im talking about. I gave my baby a bath (crying the whole time) And then got some emotional support from the forum and my family members (as well as my wonderful girlfriend). At 9:30 my insurance age came over and took a look at the damage, and assured me that i would be taken care of with no hassles and immediate paperwork with no delays. (It helps when your agent is sleeping with your grandma) Well sat nite i went to a really cool formal party at the Metronome in NYC. Actually got the car off my mind and spent some quality time with new and old friends. Saturday was filled with thoughts of Rage and dissapointment that i still didnt have my baby and it was never going to be perfect.

3rd Impressions (Sunday)
Since Friday was my second accident since turning 17,(last time i broke my leg in 3 places couldnt walk for 6 months) I woke up appreciating life and health. I realized that it could have been worse and i was being selfish worrying about the car instead of enjoying the fact that me and my passengers were unharmed. So im not really that upset about my car. It will be fixed in 4 weeks and i'll be home 2 and a 1/2. No big deal.

Fourth Impressions (Monday)
Monday was a big close of the weekend cause ihad to drive away knowing my injured baby was sitting in the garage. I took it for an estimate at JMK Auto Body (Part of JMK BMW/SAAB) in Springfield NJ. We have had cars fixed there before and I am confident in their work. They also have lots of brand new porsche's, Jags, BMW, Audi in the lot so i know they have a good reputation for quality. I also got to take a look at some of the jobs they had just finished and I was impressed. They said parts will take about a week and they ordered them today. I will be getting all new panels (2 doors, fender) and the part above the back wheel well. He is pretty sure that it can be done with cut and welding im not sure though he hasnt gotten back to us with specifics. I am also going to replace 3 out of 4 rims since they were new but they are near perfect so after testing i will probably have them repaired and keep them in case i ever damage a rim. (now i have 3 spares).
So its back to waiting but i must tell you.

Every extra hour that I didnt have the 330xi and i was waiting for the S4 was worth it. I love my car and im glad you guys could help me wait it out. Can't wait to start modding(after break-in)
Old 05-07-2001, 08:05 PM
Elder Member

With your luck, I don't think "break in" is a phrase you want to use. :-P
Old 05-07-2001, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

thanks
Old 05-07-2001, 08:10 PM
Elder Member

Just messin' with ya, dude. I hope you get your car back soon.