S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

my s4 idle vibrate esp and abs lights on

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edijs.benoit
yeah that one i checked already and nothing there..
i think my EGR valve is stuck.. just guess
There's no EGR valve on the S4. Exhaust Gas Recirculation, ya there isn't any of that. No room for it! lol
Old 05-13-2011, 05:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chris's S4
There's no EGR valve on the S4. Exhaust Gas Recirculation, ya there isn't any of that. No room for it! lol
oh ;]]]
than i have no idea what is wrong with my car ;]]]
Old 05-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Disconnect the electrical connector from the MAF sensor, and see if this solves your misfires. If it does solve it, then the MAF is the issue, if not then you likely have a leak in your intake and you need to pressure test to find it.

When the MAF is disconnected the ECU fakes the MAF signal using the engine RPM.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NefMoto
Disconnect the electrical connector from the MAF sensor, and see if this solves your misfires. If it does solve it, then the MAF is the issue, if not then you likely have a leak in your intake and you need to pressure test to find it.

Ok cool, curious I've read that it dies when disconnected... That would indicate what then?

Also do you disconnect while its running or before and reconnect while running or shutdown first? Somethings freak out when they're disconnected while its running hence why I ask.

Thanks Nefmoto
Chris
Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NefMoto

so i went to my tech and he fixted, because i couldn't find the problem..
the problem was that car gave him 14 different codes,but in the end it was air leak and maf problem.. maf yea i could change but i couldn't find air leak
**** i spent 700$ just because he couldn't find in time where the ****ing problem was and he told me that he decarbonized engine intake & valves.. which i don't believe. anyway what is that????
Old 05-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

oh and later throttle body problem appeared.. he fixed that too
Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default hmm...

Originally Posted by edijs.benoit
so i went to my tech and he fixted, because i couldn't find the problem..
the problem was that car gave him 14 different codes,but in the end it was air leak and maf problem.. maf yea i could change but i couldn't find air leak
**** i spent 700$ just because he couldn't find in time where the ****ing problem was and he told me that he decarbonized engine intake & valves.. which i don't believe. anyway what is that????
that's a steep price. Decarbonizing is a removing the carbon from the surfaces of the engine. Hence "soot". I'm that's a bad thing to do while having the exhaust still connected. Tends to kill cats when decarbonizing. All that crap comes flying out the rear end and could clog the cats.

Man leaks suck ***... I ran the car this weekend and at one point it seemed to cut power with esp flashing, maybe it was me, or maybe it was something a little more serious. We'll have to see later if it does it again.

Glad you got yours all sorted out though, it's nice when the car is healthy again isn't it?...

Chris
Old 05-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chris's S4
that's a steep price. Decarbonizing is a removing the carbon from the surfaces of the engine. Hence "soot". I'm that's a bad thing to do while having the exhaust still connected. Tends to kill cats when decarbonizing. All that crap comes flying out the rear end and could clog the cats.

Man leaks suck ***... I ran the car this weekend and at one point it seemed to cut power with esp flashing, maybe it was me, or maybe it was something a little more serious. We'll have to see later if it does it again.

Glad you got yours all sorted out though, it's nice when the car is healthy again isn't it?...

Chris

indeed

talking about my engine..
damn it!!!!!!!!!!! he told me codes came on about cats too.. i think he did that