S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Need advice how to deal with dealer(audi of alexandria) who didn't istall clutch correctly!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Need advice how to deal with dealer(audi of alexandria) who didn't istall clutch correctly!!

I took the car to replace both turbos, rear main seal, motor mounts and to put in RS4 clutch.

I told their service advisor(Brad Hush) to make sure his tech resets the SACM on presure plate before he puts clutch in.

He never mentions this to the tech(Chad). they finish the car and call me telling me that car runs great but clutch slips in 4th and higher gears when you get the boost on.

1st, 2nd and 3rd gears are fine, but pedal feels spongy at the bottom of the travel.

I go test drive the car with Chad(tech who did the job) he tells me that Brad never told him anything about reseting the SACM on presure plate.

Now Audi of Alexandria is telling me that they will fix this only if I pay for the half of the cost. This is after $7000 repair bill!!!

I talked to Steve Daily (Top service manager) and get this he wants to charge me 18 hours to do the job so I would be responisible for 9!!!

What is factory time to do this job for S4?

What should I do? It is clearly their bad instalation..

Who can I call to get this resolved?
AOA, dealership owner?

Does anyone know who is the owner of Audi of Alexandria?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Audiworld Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your first mistake was going to the dealer. Take it to an independent shop.

Clutch R&R can be done in under 8 hours by a competent/experienced mechanic regardless of what book time says.

-Dave Pramanik
Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

MA forum is fully of stories about Audi of Alex.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Brad is an incompetent jackass. Go directly to the service manager

and complain about Brad. Explain the situation and tell him that you want it fixed and that you want a new service advisor.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I talked to Mike Winter (service manager) first, then to Steve Daily who is Mike's boss

Steve was the one that told me I have 2 options:
1. pay the bill($7K), take the car the way it is and repair it somwhere else!

2. Pay for half of the labor to re-install the clutch correctly. he told me it would take 18 hours to do this so my portion would bwe 9 hours @ $115 per hour!!!

Called HBL they told me it takes 12 hours by the book to do the clutch job...So they are trying to skin me even on this?!
Old 02-16-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Warn them that you will get the Better Business Burea (don't know how to spell that) involved and...

if he doesn't want to comply by all means report them (really easy to do... check out there web site)Make sure that you document all contact and bla bla bla. I wouldn't pay them yet if you have not. They did not install the clutch correctly and so THEY are responsible for all losses DON"T PAY ANYTHING more than what you innitially agreed on. Your options should be a refund of the clutch job or a free remedy
Old 02-16-2006, 01:34 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I'd take option 1, and take them to court to recover the money spent on the clutch

job.

First ask them to put the two options on paper. No more verbal discussions, no more verbal deals. Everything is on paper now.

Bring the car to Induktion, let them repair the work (at a lower rate and less time). File a suit against Audi of Alex for all the labor they charged you for the clutch work, since they didn't do it right, and you had to have it redone. Add towing expenses to the tab, and if you can, hit them for the lawyer's fees as well. Consult a lawyer (I'm not a lawyer, I just pretend to be one on TV).

What they are essentially doing is raping you up front for the work, by waaaay overcharging you. Then when they screwed it up, they are settling to do the job for what any normal dealer would charge, but disguising it as a discount with their "offer". You have an opportunity to take it to a reliable and reputable shop to get this fixed at a reasonable rate, and get your money back from these thieves.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You talked to Brad? That guy is a liar. My brother used to deal with him when he bought a car from

there and he would constantly bull**** him about when the car is going to be ready and things like that. He's full of **** and he's an idiot. I think you need to keep climbing the ladder. If the service manager won't help you just go higher untill it gets done.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can also and should contact AOA (useless as they are, they should investigate this)
Old 02-16-2006, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I called AOA and filed claim with better business bureau of alexandria

I am thinking of taking this to a court as well...anyone had experience with this kind of lawsuit?