S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Newbie here, Just test drove an S4 (more)-->

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-1999, 10:44 AM
Kevin

Default Newbie here, Just test drove an S4 (more)-->

Hello folks,

Well I'm currenlty a 96 Maxima GLE owner and I'm looking to move up in the world, and went on a test drive for an s4 today. Just based on my experience with the test drive, I've made a decision that my next car will most likely be the s4. I have a few questions though. What is a reasonable price over the dealer's invoice that I can get that car for. I'm most likely going to finance and proabably try to dump the maxima for 13-15k and use that as a down. Any useful suggestions or input such as what to look out for at the dealers etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-30-1999, 10:48 AM
TY

I think almost all of us paid MSRP for it. Nobody's dealing
Old 11-30-1999, 11:01 AM
Kevin

Default Re: I think almost all of us paid MSRP for it. Nobody's dealing

Hmm...I see...You think it would be a better to lease it?
Old 11-30-1999, 11:11 AM
mm

Default Search the Archives. Many have paid MSRP (Sticker), but many have paid $1K to $2K below MSRP.

If you wait a few months for the demand to die down and the supply to stabilize a little more, I suspect you might be able get one for around 5% over dealer invoice with a little persistence, perhaps even less.
Old 11-30-1999, 11:14 AM
Kman

Nope. Residuals are TERRIBLE on the S4 -- pymt is too close to a financing (for me anyway)
Old 11-30-1999, 11:40 AM
:)

Not Many, just a Couple.
Old 11-30-1999, 11:41 AM
Kboom

Default Re: Newbie here, Just test drove an S4 (more)-->

Kevin - just picked mine up on Sat - its a great care and I am sure you won't be disappointed. I paid MSRP - only 2 dealers in town so no discounting. The dealer quoted me 633/mo and 3300 down on a 48 month balloon, 618/mo and 3600 down on a 4 mo lease (both with 15K/yr). I talked with a 3rd party leasing broker who could do 582/mo and 3200 down (48mo/15K). Intially the dealer would sell the car to the leasing broker and gave me a hard time. Finally after some discussion, they worked out some better numbers with AoA on the balloon 574/mo and 4300 down. This worked out to a 8.4% interest rate and a 52% residual - which I thought was reasonable. Good Luck.
Old 11-30-1999, 11:57 AM
mm

Default No, it seems like there have been quite a few paying below MSRP.

Not that I've done any kind of statistical analysis, but that has been my impression. Plus you have to remember that many on this board are early buyers who had been anticipating this car for so long that they were more than willing to pay MSRP or more, so that's the price they got.

I suspect that more and more, there are better deals to be had than MSRP, certainly by next summer. I could be all wet, but I don't think so...

Search the archives, the proof's in there, and I suspect it supports my contention that many S4s are already being purchased below MSRP.
Old 11-30-1999, 11:59 AM
:)

Default I count 5 at around $1k under and 1 at $2700 under. Just a couple considering there are 81 ...

registered S4s in the registry alone.
Old 11-30-1999, 12:02 PM
TY

Default I actually leased mine....(more)

for 42 months, 12K miles per year, $3k down. Payments are $550 per month. After my deal, my dealer leased out a couple more with the same terms. I think in terms of monthly payments, it is a reasonable amount.

Quick Reply: Newbie here, Just test drove an S4 (more)-->