S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

NEWSBREAK: APR Anti-Theft System announced for Audi S4

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEWSBREAK: APR Anti-Theft System announced for Audi S4

Worried about your S4 getting stolen? Check out our new Anti-Theft system available immediately for the Audi S4. This system has been incorporated into the Bosch Motronic engine management system and will render your car immobile until the correct access code has been entered (using your cruise control stalk.) Adding this system to your car requires no additional hardware other than our EMCS engine management upgrade.

How it works:

As with other EMCS functions, the APR Anti-Theft system is incorporated directly into the engine management computer through software. The Anti-Theft routines are software functions written in assembly code that are run by the ECU's microprocessor. Programming on this level requires an intense understanding of microprocessor architecture but delivers seamless feature integration and unmatched reliability.

If you are an existing APR EMCS customer, adding the Anti-Theft system couldn't be easier. Simply run by a dealer and get your module flashed or use an APR EMCS Home Programmer to flash the EMCS module from the comfort of your own home (we will e-mail you all of the software components.) Alternately, you can send your ECU to APR to have your EMCS module reprogrammed. If you are not an APR EMCS customer, you can get the system by visiting an APR dealer or you can send your ECU to us to have the product installed.

The retail price for the APR Anti-Theft system is $199.

Thanks,

Brett
APR<ul><li><a href="http://www.goapr.com/Audi/index.html">http://www.goapr.com/Audi/index.html</a</li></ul>
Old 11-13-2002, 07:06 AM
Maestro

so if I have an MTM, ABT, GIAC or stock ECU you can still install this?
Old 11-13-2002, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

this is seperate from the APR chip so it can be used with any chip?
Old 11-13-2002, 07:08 AM
Elder Member

Default somehow, i doubt it as its incorporated with the ECU/ECMS, BUT i'm sure it COULD

be done and they WOULD make a frickin KILLING IF they offered that..but I HIGHLY doubt it.

somehow i think its going to become another "incentive" to goAPR as opppossed to another chip.

Them selling it separately would be a gift to the Audi community. But maybe a gift from the tuners is "due"?
Old 11-13-2002, 07:12 AM

Great, so now thiefs will carry a spare ECU or 2
Old 11-13-2002, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default this is a great lil feature for the folks with the EMCS APR chips

Works great, anyone that wants to check it out in norcal drop me a line. I already acquired my lil piece of code.. Quite easy, sure you don't get a blinking light, but you don't have to carry a remote around with you either. It's a very nice add on to emcs..
Old 11-13-2002, 07:15 AM

Default It's only with our hardware (our EMCS chip) that allows something like this to be done...

The software has to be stored somewhere and it's our chip that allows us to store the commands and funcions for the ECU to use. It wasn't purposely developed to NOT work with other chips, it just requires EMCS hardware.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default not bad, kudos on a job well done.

though i still think Garrett's IBE immobilizer is less of a PITA.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

otay I appreciate you clearing that up... :-)
Old 11-13-2002, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Pretty clear in his post that you need EMCS, so it's APR only

which he also states in his post.

Says there is no place to store the software on other manufacturers ecu's.

Mike S

Quick Reply: NEWSBREAK: APR Anti-Theft System announced for Audi S4