S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

No complaints about Audi of Benardsville?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No complaints about Audi of Benardsville?

i did a search, however, does anyone have anything bad to say about them?

i have to go in about a month for my 5000 mile service
Old 02-17-2004, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i use to live in the area.. never used them, but i heard good things about them and mendham

being such wealthy area.. the main goal is to keep customers happy, because they sell a very big majority of the NE audis there.. so i hope they will keep u happy too. otherwise will not survive.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

only good experiences from them and Mendham.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default make sure you deal with kyle

If you deal with kyle, you'll have a friendly experience, but all people that work there are competant, however the other service manager doesn't like me. (I have no idea why, maybe an age/respect thing)
Old 02-17-2004, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

second. he's a good guy.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I love working with them...

like what Bruck said, try to work with Kyle. The other guys are so so..
Old 02-17-2004, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default My first visit to an Audi dealership was Bernardsville, but now I go to their sister shop Mendham...

Was 100% pleased with them till the 40,000 mile service (gave them the highest rating in the AOA surveys) and then had some things to grumble about (haven't been called by AOA this time, go figure). Nothing major, but for example:

-claim rocking chair is not rocking

-can't reproduce my clutch problem

-two unsuccessful attempts to fix the steering wheel squeak (it's maddening!)

-supposedly noticed the BPV's were bad just with a short test drive, even though I had done a pressure test the week before and found NO leaks at all (not a bad thing that they replaced them of course, just kind of suspicious; exactly what else were they doing to my engine?)

-WAY overfilled the power steering fluid to the point where it was leaking out and I had to remove a lot just to get it down to the mark

-washed the car when I clearly ask them not to and have it noted on the invoice every single time; now I have swirl marks all over that I'll have to work on this spring

Please note this is not a post to whine about them, like I said I've been mostly happy and will give them every chance to rectify these issues. Just makes me nervous because I have 47K miles on the car now and all they have to do is claim things are "within spec" for a little while longer and I'll be out of luck. I had always felt I was one of the lucky ones who didn't have to deal with the crazy stories and horrible dealerships that you hear about here on AW, but like I said I'm starting to worry a little. I actually have a service appt tomorrow primarily because of a check-engine light, but I'm also going to have them look at the clutch again and hopefully replace my climate-control unit because it's starting that terrible chirping that's so common (I just hope the weather doesn't suddenly warm up and then it stops doing it!).

Obviously, "your mileage may vary" with all dealerships, so good luck to you.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Is he a tech or a service manager there?

The reason I ask is that I don't think I've ever had the tech come out to talk to me at Mendham and so I've always had to deal with the service managers. They're always polite and usually friendly, but I've never been totally convinced that they're communicating all my concerns or all the information that I'm trying to convey back to the techs who are actually doing the work. So, for example, I go in to drop off the car and explain the problem I'm having with the clutch, then when I pick the car up the invoice says "clutch within spec" or whatever. I feel like I need to talk to the guy who's actually test driving it to explain in more detail my observations. Do you guys do that?
Old 02-17-2004, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

SM. I tell the SM everything, never talk to tech.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks Steve. You back in town yet? Need your help at the next mod nite.

Quick Reply: No complaints about Audi of Benardsville?