S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

NY People... got a speeding ticket on the Cross Island Pkwy

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NY People... got a speeding ticket on the Cross Island Pkwy

75/50.

I know i was not going that fast for a fact.

Asked the cop for a radar plot... he goes to me "I did a visual estimation of your speed, and then followed you for 2/10ths of a mile matching your speed... you were going 75 miles an hour."

Bull****. I was going maximum 65 mph, and no more. I know this area of CIP very well and I would not go over that speed.

Fine on the back says 90 dollars (60 fine + 30 surcharge)
This is my 3rd violation in 18 months.
NYS Law says 3 violations in 18 months and your license is suspended.

Am i done for? Anyway to get myself out of this?

Cop was ****ing bull****ting his *** off.

i am extremely pissed right now. what is the best course of action for this, guys?
Old 12-16-2002, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default You don't automatically lose your license

It's at the Judges discretion. Get a lawyer and try to bargain it down to something without points, just a fine. I've done it before. At one time I had 16 points...By the book NYS law says 12 is the max I think. Good luck!

Matt
Old 12-16-2002, 08:04 PM

Default pretty sure it's 3 convictions before they take it

fight it in court. Hire a lawyer.

I have 3 speeding tickets pending in NYS, and I still have my license, for now.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:13 PM
f3d
AudiWorld Uber User

Default wtf? I do 80 on every LI highway and have passed cops without them flintching..

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!
Old 12-16-2002, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default gees bro... 3! I better take my chip out again.. lol

I was running around with the stock chip for about 3 weeks, and I was doing REALLY good.. I was driving a max of 80mph, only racing a selected few but now I got the chip back in and all hell broke loose..
Old 12-16-2002, 08:42 PM

Default Yeah fight it in court..

get a lawyer to delay it out really long so that even ifyou do get convicted on this ticket..it falls outside of the 3yr mark and your still ok.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:44 PM

Default NYS law says 12 points ... it doesn't go on convictions ... 3 speeding violations = 12 pts.

Ask for a 1110A ... which is a traffic violation (only 2 pts) or just get a lawyer and fight it. For future ref. for others, ask for an 1110a from the DA when you go to court, generally on the 1st or 2nd violation in 18 months they'll give it to you. A little more iffy on the third. However, it is the judges discretion re. the suspension.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NY People... got a speeding ticket on the Cross Island Pkwy

Where on CIP?

I offer this as food for thought...I just (about 10 mos. ago) beat an 83 in a 55 on 135. If you want to try my attorney, email me & I'll send you his number.

A friend got a 90 in a 50 in Staten Island and the same attorney I used told him he was screwed...Staten Island and Queens are impossible to beat...I take that with a grain of salt..

But, I understand from a reliable source, that if you don't fight it you should pay the fine + $5.00. The system will credit the ticket as no longer outstanding but it will never get to court because of some internal issue with the fees. No court, no points...no points, no suspension.

I have not verified if this works...your mileage may vary.

In any event..sorry to hear it.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Was it a highway cop(NYPD)? Look at the ticket and see if there is an H and then a number

If so you are f*cked. If not do this make a written request for a supporting Deposition if one is not sent to you with in 15 days of the receipt of your request the case MUST be dismissed. If it is sent to you then go to court and try to haggle with the ADA.
If you were ticketed with in NYC limits you dont have a right to a supporting deposition and you are f*cked hire a traffic attorney and he may know the hearing officer. The way to find a good traffic attorney is to go down to the court house a month or so before your court date and see who is representing the cabbies, limousine drivers and commercial truckers that is the guy you want.
Good Luck, time for bed I just finished working arraignments lots of felons for me to represent Good night.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:23 PM

Default I've been good lately...

the 3 tickets were withing a 4 month (kick) span. Since then I don't think I have touched 75 on the highways, I have actually been going no faster than 65 for the most part.

I could never take the chip out...this car is a bloated pig without it.

Quick Reply: NY People... got a speeding ticket on the Cross Island Pkwy