S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Ok, "The Fast and The Furious" has really been a bad influence

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You totally misread my post

I normally drive more "aggressively" than most people...I'm an impatient bastard. What he probably misinterpreted as being "egged on" was me simply driving the way that I normally do. Don't flame me for that...The reason why I said that there was a ton of traffic and that I didn't want to waste my gas on him was because I REALIZED that it was in fact a 4 banger. If I were to race on the street (which I don't, especially in San Francisco) I'd probably look for M3s.

Unlike people younger than my 25 years on this earth I appreciate what I have and I would hate to lose it because some punk wants to show off. The only reason why I shared this story was to illustrate the stupidity that infects todays younger drivers...not to tell you guys that I took on an Integra.

Please READ the posts before you respond....
Old 01-18-2002, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 25?? Listen, son... Take my advice, next time you come upon a fellow

youngster revving his 4-6-8-10-12-(you get the drift...)-banger in a 'ton of traffic', try to keep your 'normal/aggressive' driving style in your pants (read: excess testosterone/libido levels). Or wait 'til you get to your girlfriend's place before releasing... You just might be responsible for saving another's life... That said, I do agree with you that the Integra driver was a young fool. But that's no excuse for you to be one.

I'm guilty of aggressive driving, i.e., three speeding tickets in the past 20+ years, but all three have been on the highway and sans 'ton of traffic'. Safe driving and peace...
Old 01-18-2002, 09:11 AM

Default Son?

Ok...I NEVER SAID I WAS RACING HIM. I thought that this came through clearly...apparenly the other 160+ people who read the post understood this except for you.

BTW being someone with NO tickets and NO accidents I'd say that my "agressive" driving isn't at fault here. Notice how I waited for an opening and didn't cut someone off? Don't keep flaming because I pointed out your inability to read the English language.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ah, what to do?? Gen-Y'ers... 'I think, ... therefore, I am... right.'
Old 01-18-2002, 09:19 AM

Yes indeed
Old 01-18-2002, 09:33 AM

Default Dont worry.. he's more worried about his Veilside bumper! same thing happend to me (more.. :)

Well sort of the same thing.. I was in the passenger side of my friends car who is so HOT.. and these dude's were looking at her in their Jeep making a left turn. Next thing you know, they slam right into a lightpost in the center divider! haha..
Old 01-18-2002, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Again, not sure where this post is going.

So do you know the integra was not boosted, had a jdm engine, wider tires, etc?

Did you ask him?

Because if you don't know and assume that's it's just another damn integra, both you and him are pretty ignorant. Like I've said before, you can make integras go fast if you want too. Those "little four bangers" often can surprise you when you're not thinking of it.

Finally, if you engage in aggressive driving with anyone, accidents that happen are part of the consequences you have to deal with. So rather than laughing at him, maybe you should feel grateful he didn't hurt himself. Or di dyou even stop to ask?
Old 01-18-2002, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Again, not sure where this post is going.

Ok...sure you can make Integs fast...but this guy was for sure completely STOCK. No VTEC crossover, no blowoff, no Blower whine, nothing.

I've done my time with the Honda crowd and I realize that they can be fast cars. My buddy has an LS/VTEC motor in his 93 Integ, I'll admit that car is fast. However, a stock LS Integra vs. a Stock S4? You have to be drunk if you think that there is a chance in hell that the Integ will keep up. Keep in mind ( You and Dekkard seem to have a problem with this part) I WASN'T RACING! So don't get on my case about how I should have been more responsible, I was just minding my own business.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think what they could be thinking but not getting across well

is that fact that your normal driving still my be aggressive (mine is too at times), you have to sometimes control it. Even though you were paying no mind to the Acura driver, he was watching you. When you drove in your normal manner, he may have took it as a challange?? I know I sometimes will drive extra slow when someone like the person you encountered is around me. Sometimes we have to change what we do to keep the fools around us for f'n it up for the rest of us.

One thing too you have to realize (and would suck if it happened to you) is that someone may have so you too and thought you were racing. If the other car has a wreck and hurts someone, you will get charged with a crime. You'll then have to prove your innocents. I'm not sure of the laws in your state, but I know in TX if I was allegedly (sp?) racing someone and that person goes off and hits a pole and dies, I get charged.

Sucks, but it's what we have to deal with.

I do understand you weren't racing....just sticking additional insite.

Be careful and enjoy the car....oh yeah, GET A CHIP.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:49 AM

Someone forgot to take their meds today!

Quick Reply: Ok, "The Fast and The Furious" has really been a bad influence