S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

ok, all you Canuck S4 owners....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok, all you Canuck S4 owners....

I've been reading all the dealer fiasco's our US brothers (and sisters) have been having, and I'm kind of perplexed... have I lucked out by choosing a good dealer ? Do Canadian Audi dealers have a more stringent technician hiring process ? There are three dealers in my area, and while I have *heard* some grumblings about one of them, I have heard good things about the other
one, and had nothing but positive experiences at mine... granted I havn't had any major problems, but I have spent time around the place and my instincts tell me they are good at what they do. So, chime in... give your city and your opinions on your dealer, and what you know about any other dealers. Oh, I'm in Vancouver. My dealer is Capilano Audi/VW

"Black holes are where God divided by zero."

Earnie
Old 05-23-2001, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default actually I went from a dealer problem to an AoA problem...

My dealer is not allowed to touch my car until AoA looks at it due to the fact that it's a second warranty claim for the exact same item.

The problem lies in AoA's reliance on ONE guy who makes MONTHLY visits to the dealer. So I am driving an S4 with a damaged turbo making .35 bar of boost so that AoA doesn't pick up a couple of hundred more bucks of rental fees.

The dealer would LIKE to fix my car...they wanted to fix it the day it came in but AoA said no. Now my issues are with AoA and although there were a couple of things the dealer could have done better, it's ALL on AoA now and THEY are delaying me and forcing me to file a lawsuit instead of quickly responding to my situation. I OFFERED them the option of simply replacing my car but that was weeks ago and they want to play it this way...just f**king stupid. I now realize why lawyers exist...SOMEONE has to be there to fight for my consumer rights. Laws were established precicely to deal with these sorts of situations and AoA is deciding to ignore them and me until I do something drastic.

No...I have no problem with my current dealer but I don't want to deal with AoA in the future after this.
Old 05-23-2001, 08:33 AM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts
Default NASA, curious about the short version of your story...

Is it that you have basically blown turbos on two different cars? the same car? all stock?
Old 05-23-2001, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default here's a short chronology...

2001 S4 leased in Feb. car was left bone stock (except for a shift **** and pedal)

1200 miles the tea kettle sound started and a series of frustrating dealer visits ensued.

2600 miles, the passenger side turbo failed and I changed dealers and got good service and the turbos replaced. Car ran perfectly

4000 miles, started losing power and the car began to make a turbo sound and has another failed passenger's side turbo.

Car was always stock, never tracked and I didn't even take this one to a dragstrip or anything.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I understand Pete.. I'm in business for myself... and regardless of WHAT business you are in...

the key to success is customer service. I pray that AoC functions in a different manner than it's American counterpart should I ever need them.. and I hope I don't. Good luck with this whole mess Mr F.

"Support bacteria -- they're the only culture some people have"

Earnie
Old 05-23-2001, 10:19 AM

Default example

when i initially got my car during the breakin period i was concerned about oil consumption. Called the service dept, asked them if they had any recommendations..told them it was a 2001 S4 etc. etc.

their response was..

Is it a diesel engine?!!
Old 05-23-2001, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My dealer (Pfaff) has always taken care of my friends & I. Couldn't be much better actually.
Old 05-23-2001, 11:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default no major dealer problems, but

then I've only had 1st service so far (Richmond) and no major technical problems w/ my 2001

complaint I have is that they seemed to overbook appointments (booked mine a few weeks in advance to guarantee a courtesy car) - so when I brought the car in, they took 2 days to do the 8km service and repair the rear door/trunk power lock. they were friendly enough about the delay, but they sure seemed overbooked or understaffed that day.

hopefully next time it'll be better, and hopefully I won't experience any technical issues with them (touch wood!)
Old 05-23-2001, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Killer, I think we are under AoAmerica but I'm not sure...

Every time I get my car back my dealer, ( South Centre Calgary) seems overly concerned that when I get the call from Audi as to how my service experience was,I will give them an "Excellent!!!
I never give out that level of commendation. Service has to be above and beyond for an Excellent. I expect good service and get it from South Centre but I have to be on top of them. I fear S**t falls from the top at Audi and we get buried. My dealer seems to be looking over his shoulder rather than looking forward...classic sales and Customer service mistake!
I've had my S4 since Oct 99...
Old 05-23-2001, 03:18 PM

Ouch!!!

Quick Reply: ok, all you Canuck S4 owners....