S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

OK, clarify the word "new" for me please. I'm talking in respect to AWE's "new" code that..

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, clarify the word "new" for me please. I'm talking in respect to AWE's "new" code that..

has been out "many, many" months. Well, my sales receipt here states 2/10/05 when my last chip update was. And low and behold the chip is revision 143M11A.A7A!!! Now why would AWE all of a sudden come out and say there chip has new found power, but running code at least 9 months old! Kinda shady since APR just released there new software. Did AWE revise the code and call it the same thing? Just curious...and wonder since I'm running the X-1 Intake if I should switch over to the Revo code??? Hmmmmm Feeling frisky today I suppose!<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2180082.phtml">Hmmm...</a></li></ul>
Old 11-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they probably redyno'd it.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default *reaching for waders*

Nice going, Gary :P
Old 11-30-2005, 08:05 AM

Default The real reason? We had no need to update the site since there really was no competition.

However, you will notice that A LOT more than just power figures was updated. Flashloader Switcher info, pricing clarifications, and an overall cleanup of the related pages was finally done.

This is no conspiracy, which I know is disappointing to the scandal hounds on this forum. We have dynoed literally dozens of cars in house making this power or more with the 143M11A code and have the dyno sheets to prove it. Plus, there has been plenty of independent tests done to back that up.

Once a competitor started making renewed claims about their revised chip code, and those claims happened to be slightly higher than our last claims, it was time to finally step in and update all our old info that originated from an older chip version.

This would only be fishy if indeed our kit did not make the power we are currently claiming. But there is a ton of evidence that it does.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:08 AM

Default I will agree on the Flashloader capability. I just REALLY, REALLY wish you guys...

would have done some dyno runs on CA 91. That way us AWE guys out here (and they are out here) could have a base to go off of. Cuz I know my 283hp on a Mustang isn't kosher. Thanks for the reply though. Kinda just shocked me when you announced a new code and I looked at my receipt from my last update and it was the same code.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:09 AM

And nowhere did we say this was "new" code. And we did say it had been out for "many, many months".
Old 11-30-2005, 08:10 AM

Default Oh shoosh...that wasn't the intent. I wanted an answer and my emails always seem to..

go unnoticed with them. So F-it, I'll try here. I'm happy with my AWE setup. I just wish I could get some feedback on what's the 91 numbers. STOCK K04 kit numbers...not Bauer or Simmply or Diego or nyet, etc. Tho Nyet's car is comparable to mine.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:11 AM

Default What does a stock S4 do on that Mustang dyno? Not all Mustangs are calibrated the same.

It is unfortunate, but you cannot even compare wheel hp numbers across the same dyno manufacturer. Our Mustang dyno is calibrated higher than others to read more like a Dynojet. As delivered, Mustang dynos read very, very low.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Agreed on the "new"...I misread "new dyno sheets"...my bad..I apologize

It's still early, I'm still waking up, and my head hurts!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so is it now possible to get a code-switcher for stage 3? (So I can have Valet mode, etc.)

Quick Reply: OK, clarify the word "new" for me please. I'm talking in respect to AWE's "new" code that..