S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

OK, now I'm REALLY pissed @ Carlsen Audi...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, now I'm REALLY pissed @ Carlsen Audi...

So Carlsen had my car for 6 days to fix an oil leak. Actually 3 days too long since they had it sitting around for 3 days, but I digress.
Anyway, since I didn't have the time to give my car the once over when I picked it up, I looked it over tonight after work. Here's what I found:

1) The plastic engine cover wasn't put back on correctly. It was just wedged into place. The fastening screws were not even secured. It was sitting askew in its normal place. What the...???

2) The check engine light has just come on. I have no idea why.

3) This is the biggie.
THEY SCRAPED UP 3 OF MY BRAND NEW BBS CH RIMS!!!!!!
Yes, you read that correctly. I just looked at them and 3 of the rims have scraping damage along the edges. I AM SO FREEKIN' PISSED!!

Should I take this matter right to the Service Manager or deal with the Service Advisor (Mike) 1st? Maybe right to the owner of the dealership? I'm already dissatisfied with them for how easy it was to just drive away in my car without anyone checking who I was. Has anyone had a similar experience? Do you think I can get them to repair the rims? I don't have any direct proof that the rims were undamaged prior to dropping my car off, even though I know they were. It will be my word against theirs. I can't believe this. I decide to give a different dealer a try and this is what I get. AAARRGHHH!!!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 10:47 PM

Default Every time I took my car to carlsen, they asked me to...

make sure I switched rims out to stock cause the didn't want to scratch the rims (back when i had the leon's). I think they should have warned you about it cause they seemed to have scratched somebody's rims before.

Sucks man.. sorry to hear that. That's probably why I take my car to Rector now.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:48 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to the service advisor first, keep it calm.. then escalate. Let him be the hero first. sucks man!
Old 03-18-2002, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i never had a major problem with carlson, however they're the dealer i bought my car from and the

only reliable one around here. i hate Anderson Behel, Rector's a bit far.

go talk with mike first, if he can't do anything go straight to the owner or dealer manager, he usually just doesn't want to hear it and will help u out anyway u want.

if that doesn't work, get his email and have AW bombard his account.
Old 03-18-2002, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah...no matter where i go i always switch to stockers just incase.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hey quick Q: where did you get your Leon rims? And what were the prices? email if you want to TIA!
Old 03-18-2002, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ouch man, sorry to hear. hope they do the right thing and take care of you

i'd be furious if they knicked up my CHs as well.

i was paranoid enough last time i brought my car in for service that I took pics of all 4 rims the morning that i brought my car in, although i tried putting on my stock rims the night before. found out that they didn't fit over w/my APR brakes (some of the wheel weights were in the way).
Old 03-18-2002, 11:06 PM

Default i got em from leon hardiritt. i was the test car for the rims for some sema show back in 2000

<ul><li><a href="http://www.leonhardiritt.com">http://www.leonhardiritt.com</a</li></ul>
Old 03-18-2002, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Word. thanks. the only thing is that every time i call

"powerhouse disturbution" which is listed as their seler i get the answering machine! what with that?!?

Is there someone i should be calling besides that one # on their site?

i appreciate your help because the Kloster rims are really awesome and i want em!
Old 03-19-2002, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Has anyone ever tried to be a Screaming Lunatic and break down emotionally on the showroom floor?

Quick Reply: OK, now I'm REALLY pissed @ Carlsen Audi...