S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Opinions on next step with dealer(longish)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on next step with dealer(longish)...

I have a 01 s4 and when I picked up the car shifting was a little tight in 2nd gear but I figured it would loosen up. Overtime 2nd never got any better, reverse was never easy to get into and 3rd started to develop a crunchiness(not seen before) and 3rd also seemed to be hitting something when sliding in.

I took it to my 1st service and the dealer told me the car is still new and to wait. For a period after getting serviced shifting seemed to be better. Then I got kicked out of 2nd gear while doing full acceleraion. I figured I didn't shift right and didn't worry about it. But it happened a few more times and on a couple occasions I was unable to even get into 2nd and I ended up have to skipping 2nd and going to 3rd. Occasionally while shifting out of 1st it holds it in 1st gear for a moment and then lets me go into 2nd. So far the only thing that has gotten better is reverse.

I took it in the its 2nd scheduled service and described my problems again. The dealer did a "road test" and didn't experience any of my issues but they would call their Audi rep and see if any other cases have been reported.(Side note the shifting was really squishy after the dealer did their service.)

I got in touch with the dealer 2 weeks later and said that such a problem has been reported but before they could do any work or replacment I have to prove to them it's happening. Dealer told me to stop by when the problem is really bad and they'll take it on a road test then. Of course when I'm on the road it's I'm heading to work, I'm coming home from work late, or I'm having a little fun at 2am. None of these times are times when either the dealer is open or I am able to go.

After 2nd service shifting again seemed to be better but it is starting to go back to it's normal routine again.
Do you guys have any suggestions on what my next step should be on resolving this issue?
Old 07-10-2001, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AOA has recognized this problem..

my car is actually getting a new tranny because of similar problems...you may wanna check w/ your service advisor again......i THINK they actually have an updated tranny now....