S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Over 4 years of no front plate finally caught up with me, got a no front plate ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Over 4 years of no front plate finally caught up with me, got a no front plate ticket

on Tues. I guess Irvine (SoCal) is getting aggressive about ticketing those that do not comply.

What are my options, is there an option to pay a fine (wishful thinking?)or do I absolutely have to get it signed off ? I do not plan on drilling my bumper, I will either pickup a new panel from clair and drill that or just use some 3m double sided tape on my existing panel.

Anyone else have any experience with this in SoCal ?

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default velcro = easy on, easy off ;)

tell them you had the part repainted, reattached and the plate was off that day only.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Interesting idea, so you have it velcroed so what? Why

wouldn't the excuse work without any plate.

Sorry Officer, the bumber was just in the shop and I hadn't had the plate attached.

Why velcro?
Old 04-07-2005, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default velcro to get the "signature", and no i don't have a front plate i'm from PA ;))

they only care if they see it on there.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

9 years for me. no problems. 2nd lemieux: something temporary. fight the power!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:06 AM

i've been lucky so far up here...but i know it'll catch up sooner or later
Old 04-07-2005, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default call me foo!

did they pull you over for just the front plate? When I got my speeding ticket, Costa Mesa gave me a ticket for no plate and front tint, so you got off lucky.

3 things you can do. Just pay the fine on that portion, I think it was $15-50 can't really remember exactly was over 3 years ago. Actually fix it and pay $10 in court fees. Or you can borrow my front silver bumper cover that has holes and just get that bitch written off then take it off again.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got a parking ticket for no front plate.. in a residential area..
Old 04-07-2005, 08:39 AM

Default Yea, got pulled over for just a plate, saw him behind me with his light on and I'm thinking, WTF ...

Trying to remember how I was driving over the last mile or two, thinking I was going to get a ticket for something else.

I may want to borrow the front cover if I can't just pay the fine. I don't plan on installing a front plate permantely, front plates look like **** IMO. Unless I start getting pulled over weekly.

I really think the front plate law is lame, with technology today, it's not my fault they can't take a picture of my plate if I run a red light or I don't pay on the toll road (which I never do anyway). He brought up those points in our brief conversation, explaining to me that Irvine is installing traffic camera's everywhere. I should of asked him if he was concerned for his job.

Seems like a waste to pull someone over just for that, maybe he wanted to pull me over for more but since I was close to the Irvine city line he did what he could. He did stare at my V1, seemed like at first he wasn't going to write the ticket then changed his mind.

Oh well.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default what a bastard! Another reason why I am going to stay away from Irvine

I received 2 tix at LAX for no plate in the last year. One was in my wifes BMW which we just fixed and the other one was in the Eurovan when it was brand new, no plates were given yet.

Both were $10 fines after they were fixed.

Come over anytime if you want to pick up the cover or let me know and I can meet you during the work week.

Quick Reply: Over 4 years of no front plate finally caught up with me, got a no front plate ticket