S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Owners of RS4 Replica Wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my set from wheelsandcaps.com 18x8.5 30mm offset and was $579 shipped for a set
Old 04-27-2010, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PS4U
keep in mind the wheels he (lucky) is referencing are ultrasports, and not RS4 style wheels; big difference. the ultrasports are more flat whereas the RS4 wheel design has a more concave offset.

i actually called OE wheels llc yesterday and specifically mentioned the problems some customers are having with the RS4 reps, and the rep proceeded to tell me "i cannot guarantee those wheels will fit your model vehicle", or as i see it, they don't fit. not sure why there are telling others they will.

the only wheel that OE wheels sells that will fit a b5 s4 is their R8 wheel. period.

still searching for other vendors...
I was passed over to Scott at OE yesterday, they are supposed to be issuing call tags for my wheels. I asked him what they had that would fit, his reply "We have NOTHING that fits on a B5 S4." He was very nice about the whole thing, and he seems like he is THE guy there for fitment questions. What kinda stinks is you get different answers based on who you talk to over there, which is the reason I got into this predicament in the first place..... LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE...order ONE WHEEL AND TEST FIT if you dare.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PS4U
keep in mind the wheels he (lucky) is referencing are ultrasports, and not RS4 style wheels; big difference. the ultrasports are more flat whereas the RS4 wheel design has a more concave offset.

i actually called OE wheels llc yesterday and specifically mentioned the problems some customers are having with the RS4 reps, and the rep proceeded to tell me "i cannot guarantee those wheels will fit your model vehicle", or as i see it, they don't fit. not sure why there are telling others they will.

the only wheel that OE wheels sells that will fit a b5 s4 is their R8 wheel. period.

still searching for other vendors...
Not true at all. The wheels in the first set of pics came from them and they fit fine.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Sponsor

If you have a problem with a return, call me and I will make sure it is taken care of promptly. 1.866.273.3651 x305

Scott is one of our more seasoned technicians so he is excellent to talk to regarding fitment.

We have had mixed results with fitment on S4s so we CAN NOT guarantee fitment on that model. I will put in a work ticket this week to have the fitment chart updated. Our offsets for the RS4 Replicas range from 30-45mm, but we have a few in 20mm that will be discontinued.

Sorry that you went though the trouble of having them shipped and test fitted. Again, if your return is not moving rapidly enough just let me know. We appreciate your business.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Lance thanks for chiming in. I did have a good experience with you guys and will continue as a customer. I'm on car thirty now and have had literally one to two hundred sets of wheels now. 8th set on the S4 alone now.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by OEWheelsLance
If you have a problem with a return, call me and I will make sure it is taken care of promptly. 1.866.273.3651 x305

Scott is one of our more seasoned technicians so he is excellent to talk to regarding fitment.

We have had mixed results with fitment on S4s so we CAN NOT guarantee fitment on that model. I will put in a work ticket this week to have the fitment chart updated. Our offsets for the RS4 Replicas range from 30-45mm, but we have a few in 20mm that will be discontinued.

Sorry that you went though the trouble of having them shipped and test fitted. Again, if your return is not moving rapidly enough just let me know. We appreciate your business.
Just got off the phone with Lance. I decided to give him a call because I really want an Audi type wheel on the S4. While the RS4 wheel is preferable, there are other choices I would be happy with. I want to re-iterate that OE Wheels has been GREAT to deal with so far.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

A few updates:

- I got my money back from OEWheels. They covered shipping both ways since they said the wheels did fit, which was very gracious of them.

- Lance promised to get some updated fitment info and get back to me the same day. I haven't heard from him since the intial call despite trying to call several times and leaving a message with Corey.

- There are several other wheels I'd be interested in from OE, I'd gladly cover shipping to test fit a wheel and report back to them. Since I have brand new pads, I feel I'm a good candidate, I think a lot of their fitment issues come from some people having worn down pads and the wheels fitting ok in those cases.

- I test fit another set of wheels I had, some BBS RC306's in 18x8.5 ET32. What was interesting is they had much less poke, about 13mm less, even though, using an offset calculator, it should be 12mm more than the RS4 reps I tried.

So all in all, I'm happy with the way they handled the return, but I wish they were interested in finding wheels that fit our cars. At this point, we both lose, they lose a customer, we lose the possiblity of finding a good looking wheel at a great price.