S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Poll: Seats... My current Status Rings in Leather and Kevlar or Stock and buy one cheaper seat?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the mods have gotten that strict?

damn.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default exactly, my car needs a few things, i also want a beater pickup for around the house

yet i want the seats to.

you last line is SO true and perfect
Old 09-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Banned

keep them , youll regret it later
Old 09-01-2006, 10:24 AM

Default Will I?

i cant decide
Old 09-01-2006, 10:53 AM

Default how does one go about deciding to spend 6k on seats?

I mean no disrespect with this question at all; I'm genuinely curious. Did you wrestle with that purchase decision at all, and if so for how long?
Mind you I'm not calling into question the quality of the seats nor the justification of their pricing (nor your sanity). They are very well executed, and I'm sure their quality rivals that of their competition. Functionally and aesthetically speaking, they also fit your car very very well. But the purchase decision itself, in the context of the value of the car and given your choices in other upgrades, seems somewhat out of proprotion. If money were no object (which you yourself have already stated is not the case)...then it'd be a lot easier to understand.
Admittedly seats are on my shortlist of things I'd like to change on the car b/c I'm not satisfied with the lateral hold. I'm finding that nice leather or suede seats with better lateral hold than the stockers are pretty spendy. But I don't think I could justify 6k on whatever seats I decided to go with, so I'm genuinely curious as to how you arrived there.
Thanks.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

get's a large discount and does not pay list..
Old 09-01-2006, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I think you'd have regrets as well. They definitely do give the car character.

I mean if you're in a jam, obviously you know better than anyone what you need to do to resolve your situation. But it sounds like this would simply allow you to do other stuff in the short term, but take away from your car in the long term. I assume your ideal car would have these seats. So selling them now to accomplish other stuff is kinda like spinning your wheels, since you would ultimately want them back in the car down the road if you had everything exactly as you want it. I have sold nice stuff off my car and I almost always regret it. Then again I always sell it too cheap cause Im trying to help another enthusiast out. Keep tha seats, unless you cant eat...then I'll buy ya a cheeseburger!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

keep the seats, sell your body.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^ Is just my initial response to your question. I have no idea what snow paid or did not pay
Old 09-01-2006, 12:31 PM

Default josh called me and said they were in and i spent about 2 seconds thinking about it

my mind had been made up for a while. no i did not pay full list. yet i did pay a nice chunk of change for them and i havent regretted it once. at the time i bought these money was no object for this vehicle. it was a large portion of the advertising for a business and therefor i wanted the best.

Quick Reply: Poll: Seats... My current Status Rings in Leather and Kevlar or Stock and buy one cheaper seat?