S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Put down my deposit yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-1999, 09:07 AM
Biff

Default Put down my deposit yesterday...

on a Silver/Onyx loaded with Changer and NAV. The car was available and had left Germany. They are saying 2-3 weeks, but the salesman didn't know if it would come through Boston or Wilmington. This is in Philly area, so I am hoping it will be Del.

Lead time on a standard A4 2.8 was longer, which helped to make up my mind.
Old 10-20-1999, 09:23 AM
S4 nut

Default I'm from Philly area too...

Which dealer did you order? Don Rosen (Hiroshi)? What was the final price? MSRP? Thanks...and congrats!
Old 10-20-1999, 09:35 AM
Biff

Default Advice on Philly area dealers/service?

It was YBH that had the car coming in, so I ordered it from them. They are a little closer to me than Don Rosen, though I have been up there too.

Your thoughts on the best dealers? For sales? For service? I am coming out of an older M-B coupe which was lost to the Floyd Floods! I have dealt with Brandywine for M-B & Otto's for BMW, both are excellent! At this point, neither YBH or Don Rosen give me a warm fuzzy, but I liked the car, so what was I going to do?
Old 10-20-1999, 10:01 AM
Steve S.

Default Did you date Buffy in college?

Sorry...I couldn't resist. :-)

My mind has been wandering lately.

Steve S.
97 2.8QM
00 S4 (january?) < --- audi content
Old 10-20-1999, 10:32 AM
Stu

See Hiroshi Ohnishi at Don Rosen - a serious Audi enthusiast - worth the extra travel
Old 10-20-1999, 10:48 AM
Biff

Default Re: See Hiroshi Ohnishi at Don Rosen - a serious Audi enthusiast - worth the extra travel

I wish I had known that...I had already been dealing with someone else there, Candice. She was quite good, but at the wrong place at the wrong time on this one.

So, you don't know anything about YBH?
Old 10-20-1999, 10:49 AM
Biff

Let's not get personal, we've had a enough around here with that...
Old 10-20-1999, 11:19 AM
Andy Hedin

Default Candace was my sales associate @ Rosen...

...when I bought my 1.8Tqms. She was certainly competent, low pressure, and didn't play any games but I wouldn't categorize her as an "enthusiast". I use Rosen for service as they always give me a loaner and take good care of me there.

As far as YBH goes, I've never used them for service, but their sales manager (Jim Hanna) used to be a regular contributor on A4.org until he got his hand slapped by AoA. He'd give great info on upcoming features/changes and help with pricing and other "dealer" type issues/questions.

I was just in there two nights ago asking about their incoming S4's. I spoke with Alan Cogbill...he seemed OK, maybe a little too much "fast talking" but not as bad as some "salesmen" I've dealt with in the past.

<A HREF="Mailto:andy_hedin@hotmail.com">Andy Hedin</A>
'97 A4 1.8Tqms, Garrett 1.0 Bar, ABT Filter, APR/Borla Exhaust, Euro Lights, more...
Old 10-20-1999, 11:22 AM
Al Pollack

Default Shame on you, Steve...........................

for trying to say something funny. I'm starting to believe that we're going to need an FAQ on how to "lighten up". As soon as you bring a litlle humor/sarcasm to this board, you're either told to shut up or post in the off-topic forum. We're not trying to find a cure for cancer. we're only talking/relating about cars, people - laugh a little/tell a funny story, there's nothing wrong with that. Geeeez

Al
99.5 1.8tqtsc
Old 10-20-1999, 11:26 AM
Steve S.

Default No offense meant

You can call me Woody if it makes you feel better. Sorry, you just don't
see that name out west much. My apologies.

Steve S.

Quick Reply: Put down my deposit yesterday...