S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Question: Forge/Milltek vs Forge exhaust distinction

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question: Forge/Milltek vs Forge exhaust distinction

Doing a search (yes I still don't know) revealed that Forge might be making a new and improved exhaust over the Forge/Milltek. I had been curious to what the situation was. I've seen exhausts with Forge engraved on the tips and those with Milltek engraved on the tips. Usually they are referred to as Forge/Milltek. What is the relationship between Forge and Milltek, and what distinction is there with the possible Forge exhaust? Where can you even buy the Forge exhaust?
Old 05-20-2002, 10:14 AM
CMH

Default They are both made by the same company.

I have a GB for the forge exhaust.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default answers...

relation? milltek makes the exhausts for forge(as well as MTM)

distinction? forge distributes milltek exhausts in all other countries except for n.america.

forge logo? the older forge exhausts come with "forge" engraved on the tips, they have since stopped it and forge now has blank tips.

distributors: the first distributor from forge was stratmosphere but they have since switced to milltek. the next tuner to pick them up is emotiongarage.com and from there other tuners as well.

my personal opinion: i've looked and tested all three (milltek, forge, and mtm) the only difference as far as i can tell is the logo on the tips. i havn't laid them all out and examine every bend, but they all sound about the same depending on how much the car was modded (dp, ko4, etc) the forge supposely has better clamps, and each exhaust has some special feature setting them apart using the milltek as the base design. i personally think they're all great exhausts and really can't tell the difference between the three.<ul><li><a href="http://www.emotiongarage.com">http://www.emotiongarage.com</a</li></ul>
Old 05-20-2002, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where can I get info on the GB? TIA.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor

Default Actually no...

All systems have been made by Milltek since the beginning. Since Forge lost their "European Distributor" relationship with Milltek they (Forge) has been trying to strike out on their own with an entirely different exhaust product. I don't know if anything has actually been made/sold/fitted as of yet.

Early on (for 6 mos.) Milltek systems were branded as Forge on the tips when we started importing them. Now all systems are labeled by the maker, "Milltek".
-Pete
Old 05-20-2002, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yep...

Forge now creates the exhaust in-house and distributes to the us...still the same exhaust, but w/ different clamps.
Old 05-20-2002, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Forge exhaust..

Spoke with Forge regarding their re-design and they are in the process of building them now. They have re-tooled their facility to begin production (as of over 1 week ago). Also their re-design includes better bends, new tips (I suspect Forge etched on them) and of course their updated clamps.

I think the actual muffler is remaining, but not sure. Was told to watch site over next couple of days for updates.

I know that Forge and Milltek are the same company as the Forge exhaust shares most of it's parts with Milltek, but they are re-designing to become a little more independant of Milltek..I think.

I have this info because I am looking at purchasing a Forge exhaust at some point.