S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Questions about ordering an S4

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2000, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about ordering an S4

I just ordered an S4 from Rod East in San Antonio a few weeks ago. My salesman said that each dealership can order only once per month and only a certain number of each type of car per month.

This being said, he just told me that I might not be able to order this month because I am #2 on the list from that dealer. This would delay ordering until the next month meaning I don't get my S4 until July.

Anyone have any insight/similar experiences in this area? There are other dealers closer I could have ordered from. Do I lose my deposit if I order from another dealer? I just want my car NOW!!

The thought of waiting 4 months pains me to no end.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thx.
Old 03-08-2000, 09:42 AM
hwj
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Questions about ordering an S4

Things are the same up the road in Austin. I went in to Maund (the only Audi dealer in town) to order my S4 at the end of January. There was a waiting list to place an order. I was told that I would probably get to order my car at the beginning of April.

As I peeked at the wait list as the salesperson was writing my name down, it appeared that four people were ahead of me. I guesstimated that this means they were allowed to order two S4s per month -- not sure about how often they're allowed to place an order.

Luckily, most of the people ahead of me dropped off the list, and I got to place my order on 2/15. My car is scheduled for build in April. The waiting thing sucks, but I'm using the time to fatten up my downpayment.
Old 03-08-2000, 09:58 AM

I know the dealers do have limited allocations, but I was able to order an S4 today for an April build. The car was already allocated to the dealer, but I was able to completely reconfigure the color and options. I believe that as long as the car hasn't gone to build yet, the dealer can change the order any time.
Old 03-08-2000, 10:25 AM
Elder Member

A late April build is about a July delivery.

It was about six or eight weeks after my build week when I finally got mine.

I waited just a hair under three months because I was lucky and got one that had been ordered by a dealer that still had time to change some options on it.
Old 03-08-2000, 02:20 PM

i put my name on car in late december that was scheduled for a mid-late january build and was told i couldn't make any changes (which was fine with me, it was just what i wanted). i just picked it up last friday, it came up to the bay area through the port in san diego. two month wait, not so bad.

- josh

Silver/Onyx, Tip, Conv, Cold, Bose
Old 03-10-2000, 10:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

From what I understand, the Houston dealers (Don McGill and Momentum) can each order 3 S4s per month right now. Try calling Rick Baron at Don McGill.

You can also ask any dealer to search the Audi database for cars in stock or on order at other dealers. The dealer might be able to get a car matching your specs from an East Coast dealer where they have S4s sitting unsold on the lots.<ul><li><a href="http://www.donmcgill.com">http://www.donmcgill.com</a</li></ul>