S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Race fans, I have a question about how a 6spd S4 would hold up

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race fans, I have a question about how a 6spd S4 would hold up

against a turbocharged integra which was dynoed at 257 fwhp and 215ft/lb torque, both from a dead stop and a rolling start?
Old 05-01-2002, 06:04 AM

Stock S4?
Old 05-01-2002, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Both would be great
Old 05-01-2002, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Stock S4? If so, might be trouble, you've got traction but he's MUCH lighter. (m)

From a dead stop you'll probably get a nice jump, your tturbo's will spool up faster, he might have some more lag, plus he'll have trouble with torque steer and traction.

From a roll, he'll be tough competition. So much lighter I'm sure, that's a lot of HP for a pretty small car.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:08 AM

Default Well, I know the S4 doesnt make that much hp at the wheels so i think...

the integra might get the jump on a stock S4 from a stop.

other than that, i don't know enough to say for sure who would beat who...
Old 05-01-2002, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That is what I told my buddy. He wants to get a baseline racing me in my tip

so he can talk smak to challenge one of his friends with a modded 6spd, I believe with K04s.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'd like to see that race.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock ttype R is 195 hp and ln the neighborhood of 150-160 lb-ft torque

they can run mid to low 14's stock. So adding 60 hp and about 60 lb ft torque would probably give .75 seconds or so right? So then you consider traction and gearing and I really don't know. I suppose the driver who knows his car better has the advantage. I'd probably say slight edge to the teg.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:41 AM

Default If you're stock you are dead meat - I raced my friends T3/T04E Integra LS when I was stock

He dyno'd about 250 wheel and I will just say that he absolutely destroyed me from a 60mph punch...to the tune of 5-6 cars
Old 05-01-2002, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had a run in with a Turbo Integra this past weekend.........

I'm not sure on all the mods though.

I was cruising L.I.E. in the middle lane in 6th when he started coming up behind me. I let him pass me in the left lane by about 3 car lengths before I hit it. No downshift from me but he did. I stayed with him until around 110mph and then I started passing him. I never downshifted once. Then the 2nd run, this is where things get interesting for me. This time we are side by side and I'm at about 85mph. I downshift into 4th and we are off. I immediately gained 2 car lengths on him and kept on pulling. Then I decide to slow down b/c what's the point anymore? Plus there was some light traffic approaching. But he doesn't want to admit defeat so he keeps going. I see him get off an expressway "on-ramp" and go around 2 cars on their right. He didn't have enough room and ended up in the dirt a little, but he got back over in time. This is when I said to myself "that's enough, I'm not going to get people killed." Right when I said this to myself a cop gets on the same on ramp the integra used as an extra lane. The messed up thing is that the cop didn't see anything. Then some how I get behind the integra and the cop is next to me. I guess the integra didn't see the cop b/c I saw him look back at me and take off. He must of thought that b/c I ended up behind him, I wanted to race some more. So he takes off never realizing there is a cop right next to me. He starts crossing over the 3 lanes back and forth about three times to get around traffic. I don't know why he was doing that b/c I was still in the same place I was before and obviously not racing anymore. My friend and I were yelling b/c the cop wasn't seeing any of this. All of a sudden the cop pulls in front of me and his light go on. About 2 minutes later we see the cop getting off the L.I.E. and going after the integra. He got him. I feel bad for the guy but he shouldn't have tried to go around people the way he did.

Don't know if that helps.

Quick Reply: Race fans, I have a question about how a 6spd S4 would hold up