S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Radar Detector for new S4??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-1999, 07:16 PM
Essjay

Default Radar Detector for new S4??

Can anyone suggest a good radar detector out there these days, I think the last radar detector I bought was like over 10 years ago when I was in high school. Needless to say, the cars I have owned since then did not require a radar detector. I am sure the technology has changed since then. Getting my S4 in approx. 4 weeks so I have some time to do some research.
Old 11-23-1999, 07:22 PM
Uzanak

Default Valentine 1(link inside)...

This is the one to get.<ul><li><a href="www.valentine1.com">www.valentine1.com</a</li></ul>
Old 11-23-1999, 07:25 PM
mike D

no research needed: the V1 is simply the BEST !!
Old 11-24-1999, 08:33 AM
Andrew

Default I put a K40 UN3000 SWL in mine two days after I bought it.

I dont care what anyone says about K40's being expensive. I love them and refuse to own a car that doesnt have one in it. It has saved my *** a lot.
Old 11-24-1999, 08:59 AM
CV

Default V1, V1, V1, V1, V1, In that order!

Non issue. Clearly superior product! V1's ability to locate position of radar sources, number of bogeys, isolate the strongest signal and relay that info to the driver at a glance is its key advantage over all other detectors. Read C & D radar detector tests. V1 has been runaway winner in all categories since it's introduction. Had mine for three years - paid for itself in the first 3 months. One tip: Don't spend time analyzing diplay until you have slowed to legal speed. Assume it's the law! It won't cost you anything to slow down for strip malls door openers.

Awesome product
CV
Old 11-24-1999, 10:22 AM
Ymurakami

Default No Question, The VALENTINE ONE!

By the way, another great option Valentine One has is there upgrade feature. After a year (or whatever space of time we are talking about), you can send your detector back in to receive an upgrade. The upgrade, of course, guts the old parts inside of the detector and upgrades them. No this isn't a free service, but it is much cheaper than having to buy a completely new unit. The customer service of Valentine One is also first class.
Old 11-24-1999, 10:22 AM
KING OF ALL S4's

VALENTINE ONE by far!!!
Old 11-24-1999, 10:23 AM
GOD OF ALL S4

The Valentine One was created without equal. This I decree!!!
Old 11-24-1999, 10:40 AM
Kman

I have to add my voice: VALENTINE ONE. Any questions? see C&D, Automobile, Roundel, etc..
Old 11-24-1999, 11:54 AM
Peter Ryckaert

Default It's a V1 or get tickets. Why cut corners in this area? -nt

nt

Quick Reply: Radar Detector for new S4??