S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Rector Service/Body Shop experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2000, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rector Service/Body Shop experiences?

While driving on 101 South from SF last week I hit a cone that was sideways in the roadway. It cracked my airdam and radiator.

The car is at Rector awaiting parts, I'm back in San Diego.

Question: I didn't get a warm fuzzy from the Rector body shop people, and they don't give free loaners like my dealer, Hoehn, does. I am worried about warranty coverage after the repair (I live in SD), and don't know if they'll make their committed repair by date (still haven't given me a commitment).

I've told Rector that if they can fix the car before next Friday, they can do the job, otherwise I'll have it flatbedded to Hoehn in Carlsbad.

Question: Does anyone have any experience with Rector in Burlingame, particularly the body shop?

I know Hoehn are awesome, and I don't want to be paying for rental cars for weeks.

BTW: The service I got from Audi's contracted roadside service provider, AAA, was AWFUL. They left me stranded until 3AM, at which time a regular tow-truck, not a flatbed, showed up. I wound up spending the night at a hotel by the airport and paying for my own tow truck.

I've had good luck with AAA in So Cal but, as seems to be the case with just about every other type of customer sevice position in the bay area, the AAA people in San Francisco were complete morons. Apparently this is normal, according to the serrvice people at Rector, the tow provider I got, and the guys I work with in San Francisco. A AAA representative DID wind up calling me at home to apologize, and said that they have had a huge surge in complaints since they consolidated their dispatch centers to one in Livermore, and started revamping their towing contracts.
Old 04-14-2000, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Customer service + Bay Area = oxymoron

I'm originally from Oregon (been in Bay Area for 2.5 years) where it seems like companies actually like your business up there. Here it seems that the prevailing attitude is "go away , someone else will take your place".

Nothing against Rector, I have zero experience with them. I'm just venting ...
Old 04-14-2000, 08:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Rector Service/Body Shop experiences?

I work a block from Rector, they recently fixed a co-workers A4 that was side swiped, and seemed to do a good job (can't speak to the customer service issue, though).

I just ordered my A62.7T from a dealer in Southern Cal, but will likely have services performed at Rector due to the close proximity to my office...

Let me know how it goes, and good luck!

Jason