S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Road Rage (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Rage (long)

Driving to work today, happy that the rain has stopped and the sun is out for at least a day or two, minding my own business, just enjoying some good tunes and going with the flow of traffic (65 mph). Happened upon a slime green Dodge Stratus on the middle lane driving slower. Signalled to pass on the left lane, no aggressive moves, then WTF... the Dodge suddenly cut right in front of me and stomped on his brakes ! Thanks to the excellent brakes of the S4 I was able to stop within inches of his rear. Well, ok, got back on the right lane and held my speed. Dodge swung back into the right lane and stomped on his brakes again. Driver then started shaking his fist and showing me the finger and I could tell the veins on his face and neck were about to burst from his rage. He was foaming at the mouth and shouting out no doubt some choice words from his esteemed vocabulary.

I thought, well, not worth my time and my car messing with this one, and dropped off several car lengths. I was sorely tempted to show him what our cars can do, but somehow I sensed he was not going to let go and will probably run me off the road if I try to pass him.

He was definitely having a bad day, or maybe was pissed that Audi won Le Mans again for the 3rd time straight ;-)

Just wondering what I had done to **** him off. Kind of like one of the few times I mellowed out while driving and I got this guy all worked up ?

Any of you experienced this frosty reception ? Till today all I have been getting were thumbs-up and smiles from other drivers. I guess this shows that it is real crazy out there sometimes.

Thanks for letting me vent.

'01 S4 Avant
Santorin Blue
Neuspeed 19mm bar
Abt springs/Abt Bilsteins
Old 06-19-2002, 08:58 AM

Girlfriend probably left him for an S4 Driver
Old 06-19-2002, 09:01 AM

Default Where you going faster than 65 when you try to pass him ?

Maybe it was something he couldnt accept with his ****ty car !!!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default That sucks.

I really wonder why people get worked up like that sometimes for no reason whatsoever. You sure you didnt do anything that could be contstrued as aggressive driving or something like that against him?
And thumbs up for your car? Ive only ever gotten one, well two waves from girls, but only one thumbs up. Most people look at the car, then when i look over they look away.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:04 AM

Default I have picked up my cell phone and 911d the other car with licence # and location

a cop was at my location in 3 min and pulled the other guy over..
Some people are just sick!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OT: How do you like your suspension setup?

I was thinking of perhaps going with something similar.

Oh, and maybe you got too close to him (in his mind) before passing? ebock is probably right though haha.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:18 AM

You'd rage too if you were stuck in a dodge stratus...
Old 06-19-2002, 09:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I had a guy cut me off as he passed a girl at a stop sign on the left to make a right turn

in front of me. (got the picurure?) So, the girl that he illegally and quite dangerously passed beeps his horn at him as he cuts me off. Well, the dude thinks that I was the one that beeped and give me the finger and starts weaving back and forth in our (single) lane. I think nothing of it, since I didn't do anything and proceed on to the traffic light that we're approaching, which has a left turning lane and straight/right turn lane. I'm going to go straight and he looked as if he was going too as well, but I guess he noticed that I was intending to go straight so he quickly gets in the left turn lane and rolls his pass side window down. Meanwhile, my gf is in the pass seat and I'm thinking, I really shouldn't say anything, but this guy needs to realize that I didn't beep at him and what he did was really stupid. I hit the button for my window and my gf starts saying to put my window up and not say anything, don't do this, etc. So, it goes something like this:

me: hey, buddy, i didn't beep at you. it was that girl you illegally passed back there just before you cut me off.

dude: what's wrong with that car? doesn't it have brakes?

me: I...

gf: DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT WHAT YOU DID BACK THERE WAS ILLEGAL AND COULD'VE CAUSED AN ACCIDENT WITH...

dude: **** off sweatheart. this doesn't concern you.

*my pass side door opens*

me: buddy, you're f*cking with the wrong person and I'm not referring to me.
(I'm trying not to laugh because this is not typical of her and I know she had a bad day. that's why we were heading out to dinner and some drinks.)

*I grab my gf's shirt or skirt or something and try to pull her back in*

dude: you better control her.

me: i don't have to. she an adult human being and do as she pleases. next time you find yourself wanting to cut someone off, make sure it's not a silver Audi because you never know who's in it.

*I drive off before my gf tries to get out again*
Old 06-19-2002, 09:26 AM

Default Re: OT: How do you like your suspension setup?

I love the way the suspension works! Firmed up the ride but still supple and does not beat me up (i'm an older geezer, after all ;-)) Gained a greater feeling of control. Removed that floaty sensation and bouncy, soft feel of the stock suspension. Working with the 19mm bar, cornering never felt better ;-). I would recommend it highly !

No sig yet ;-(
Old 06-19-2002, 09:33 AM

LOL!

Quick Reply: Road Rage (long)