S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Rolled the front fenders. Some info on the wheel liner

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2000, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolled the front fenders. Some info on the wheel liner

I just had Curry's Automotive roll my front fender lips. Overall a very nice job, though I do have a crack in the paint on one side, but you can't see it since it faces downward. I'll seal it with some touchup sometime. They have a fender roller, so if you're in the N. VA area and are rubbing your fronts, you should get them to roll the fronts, or modify the wheel well liner. Contrary to popular belief, this does not flare the fenders or modify the way the car looks in any way. This is just a procedure to gently roll up the lip which is bent at a 90 degree angle. You can't see this lip unless you bend down.

Anyhow, a little on what they did to the liner. It's actually a nice job, that you can do at home if you have the time. They unscrewed a few places in the liner so that they could open it up, and then trimmed the outside edge. There's also some foam in there that you should trim down to keep the liner from getting pulled back to it's stock position. With GENTLE heat gun application, you can also straighten out that 90 degree bend in the plastic liner near the fender, but to hold it in place now, you have to drill a new hole in the plastic, or roll the fender lip so that it catches the liner.

Hey Lee, I heard you went into their shop. 245 Hoosiers are too big man. I think in reality they run around 260mm wide. Yikes! Their 225's measure as wide as 235's and some 245's. Just slap on that new suspension, have the front lips rolled a bit, and burn up those Hoosiers. I'm sure they'll rub, but you gotta use them somehow =)

HTH,
Warren