S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Rotating tires...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotating tires...

I am putting new wheels on my car, and carrying over the tires from my set that I will be exchanging. Being such I would imagine now would be a good time to rotate the tires because I am having them balanced on to a new set of wheels. With that said and the tires being S03s (directional) in what pattern should I rotate the tires. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Front to back and side to side.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They're directional. That won't work. You can only go front-back.
Old 01-11-2004, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ask S4MIG, he sold and installed for two year at Tire-O-Rama!

He might have time when he's not consulting for Michelin.

Seriously, front to back, never side to side on directional tires (or they'll face the wrong direction, rotationally).

Mike S
Old 01-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Elder Member

Default This is really becoming an unheathly obsession for you.

I hold no ill to you but now I'm all you think about. And on an internet forum. You have some serious issues my friend.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Expert

He's taking the tires off his old wheels, swap them while they're off.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That's what I get for not reading the whole post. ;-)

Packer game has me speed reading during the commercial breaks.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default but since I am completely taking them off, can I rotate diagonal ( but not turn the tire 180degrees)

to elaborate on that, can what is now on the inside of the wheel ( the sidewall surface) ( on the front left, act as the outside sidewall for the back right ) ?
Old 01-11-2004, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think it's funny as hell that you defend you ignorance with more ignorance

Again, show me even one post defending your position. You generated 30+ posts with your "tread pattern" post, and you don't see that you were obviously wrong. You then point to me and say you want me to admit where I was wrong. Please, has a soul countered any of my posts on this topic? Where was I wrong? Show me!

You said even more about your brilliance when you attempted to quantify your experience with "two years of sales and installation" to people on this forum who are professional racers, professional driving and race school instructors, engineers and more.

Don't you get it? You were wrong. Admit it and move on. It's not that hard.

And I won't even touch your rambling note to Bollocks about how you think he should approach tuning his car. Are we all tired of the bench racing involving Bollocks car? Sure. But who died and left you king of opinions?

See, that's what you don't seem to understand. We all have opinions, but in your post, you expressed your opinion as if it were fact. You then defended the statement by trying to qualify your "expertise" by telling everyone you sold and installed tires for 2 years.

What people have been stressing to you is not opinion, but fact. See opinio vs fact. And your comments about OEM tires and design show total ignorance to tire design and application selection.

Ever been to the Norschleife when the big tire companies are out testing tires? When auto manufacturers are testing tires for an application? Well, I, along with Lesle, Eric and a few others on this forum have. I've tested tires on the Nürburgring. I've tested tires with dunlop in the Gore range in Colorado. I've tested tires for three manufacturers while working at Skippy. I've worked a tire pyrometer a few thousand times in my life.

So yes, I kind of feel your statements and qualifications leave a lot to be desired.

By the way, defending yourself with accusations stating the person who correctly identifies and countered your ignorance says a lot more about the author than the subject.

Dude, I've been on this board 53,000 users before you and I've seen bozo's like you come and go. Know-it-all's with opinions based on minimal experience that get expressed here as fact, possibly missleading others with even less knowledge than you or at least more trust. Purchases are made or not made due to posts on this board, and as a user, you owe it to this forum to be accurate. And when you find out your wrong, you owe it to the forum to say "oops".

You couldn't care less what I think of you and I couldn't care less what you think of me. One things for sure though, I posted with experience, knowledge and verifiable fact. I did not post my opinions as fact nor did I post something that got tons of people on my back attacking my position.

I've run into countless know-it-all's as an instructor. People who don't know their limits, don't know when to shut up. Don't have an ability to sense when others might no more than they do. Think their pre-conceived notions are fact. You, son, certainly appear to be one of those types.

Mike S
Old 01-11-2004, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Right, and so with that said, how should I put them back on?

Quick Reply: Rotating tires...