S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

S4 Avant-RS4-S6 Avant.... Something big lurks on the horizion for Avant lovers...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-1999, 11:31 AM
MSM

Default S4 Avant-RS4-S6 Avant.... Something big lurks on the horizion for Avant lovers...

I am a happy owner of an A4 2.8qms Avant. However, I would love a high performance model.
Audi must have soming in store for the US in S model Avant. Think about it. No S4 avant, A6 avant is avail. only with the 2.8 and tip., no RS4 in the states. Why has Audi been pourpusly(sp?) avoiding a perf. Wagon. Esp. with the popularity of Eruo sports wagons on the up swing. The only answer I can come up with is there must something going to be released in the near future. Can anyone confirm this? It would have been so easy to offer the A6 avant with the 2.7 or 4.2. Why not? Something HAS to be around the corner.
-Mark
Old 10-18-1999, 11:42 AM
Matt Daniels

Default AoA mentioned that next year might be the "performance wagon" year...

With the Allroad coming out next year, I think Audi is going to do a big "Avant" thing next year. We'll probably get the S4 Avant and a Avant version of at least one of the new A6's (2.7T or 4.2). I'm going to guess that a 5-speed manual is going to be available on the base A6 Avant too. Of course, we won't know any of this until next year. :-(

Matt
Old 10-18-1999, 12:20 PM
Rick Snyder

Default Matt, all this "might be" crap is KILLING ME.....

Holly cow do I want an S4 Avant!!!!

I can't even describe my excitement for a car that has not even been confirmed here yet. I thought my wait for my 98.5 Avant QMS was bad, but this is a whole different level.

I've test driven an S4 twice, ooohhhed and aaaahhhed over them in the local dealers so many times that sales people know me by name....."Oh look, it's that S4 Avant freak!" I've sent emails to AoA and received the standard "your comments were forwarded to someone who cares" response. Obviously not, or I'd have one by now. People I know are buying S4s and I feel left out....boooo. I've even thought about getting the PES kit for my car just to keep me HP happy until the S4 Avant comes.

Then the kicker happens, my dealer tells me that in less then two months he can sell me his demo at a "good" price. Yikes! I'm dying here. My family has bought three cars from them in the last year and a half, so when he says "good" price I know he means it. I keep telling him I want to wait for the S4 Avant and he keeps laughing at me.

I feel like I'm in a bad Seinfeld episode or something.....

Oh well, I have hope that next year WILL be the "Year of Avants" for Audi.... If not I'm gonna BLOW!!!!!

Rick
98.5 Avant QMS
Old 10-18-1999, 12:32 PM
Todd W

Default Part of me hopes the S4 Avant doesn't come to the US

The analytical part that watches over my money

Personally I am confident that it will arrive next year. However, I am not interested in debating this with you. Have faith and stop torturing yourself with test rides. I have managed to avoid any rides in an S4 so far, including the APR chipped S4 in San Antonio Saturday.

Todd W
Old 10-18-1999, 10:32 PM
Ari

The day an S4 Avant or RS4 arrives in the US I will sell my S4 sedan.