S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

S4 the new king of friday night drag races

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2000, 11:17 AM
Audiboy Jr.

Default S4 the new king of friday night drag races

Yesterday...a group of my friends and myself made our trek down to san jose, california to participate in the exciting (but very illegal) weekly street drag races organized by nearly every single auto enthusiast ages 16-whatever...jus as long as they have a fixed up car and tha courage enough to drive it knowing that each run could be interupted by a visit from those rowdy, supercharged black and white crown vics with the red and blue lights...well anyways...to tha real point of this post...all u audi fans out there...and i kno im one...especially tha s4 fanatics...a number of racers bore witness to a stunning imola yellow s4...all stock...no chip no stage mods of any kind...jus a pure as production 2.7L biturbo rocket...impressing everyone with its unique xenons shining brighter than any other car there...do about 5 or 6 runs against heavily modified integras, civics, a 97 supra, and its final run of which there was no doubt about its unbelievable capabilities...was against a red acura nsx...each race...the s4, using that quattro unfair advantage that all audi buffs love and nearly every other racer dispises...rocket off the line...no wheelspin, unlike its opponents...the biturbos where pretty audible when they spooled up and when they did...all of the cars it raced against...including the supra and the nsx managed to get a good view of the s4's tail-lights...the imola yellow s4 retired that night undefeated and leaving many who never even knew what kind of audi it was...in awe as to its performance...and oh yeah...there were a number of M3s at tha runs too...and i was hoping for an S4/M3 showdown...but none of the M3s decided to challenge...yeah...at least they kno whats up
Old 01-29-2000, 11:23 AM
Audiboy Jr.

Default oh by tha way...

i myself dont own an Audi yet *sigh* but my big brother owns an A4 2.8 and hopefully soon...if i wish hard enough maybe jus maybe ill find myself on the streets or on the track in my own metallic silver S4...but my ultimate dream is for the RS4 to come to these shores...Audi of America r u listening?
Old 01-29-2000, 08:10 PM
Goku

Default Maybe the other guys weren't trying to hard...

Its hard for me to believe that a stock S4 can beat a stock NSX, or even a heavily modded since they can easily($$) be modded to do high 12s.
Old 01-29-2000, 09:56 PM
Drew

I have seen those guys with the supras miss gears and totally ruin the run. (nt)
Old 01-29-2000, 10:43 PM
S4 hell yeah!!!

Default i ran in the 13 sec bracket at a major import drag race!MORE!!!

jaws dropped to see an unknown 4 dooor run w/ rx7's and supras unchipped!!!
Old 01-30-2000, 04:58 PM
Jeff Z

Default No way S4 beats an rx7

I have both a '00 s4 and a '93rx7. The Audi is nicer; a great car - but the rx7 is considerably quicker. Both are completely stock. An s4 cannot beat an rx7, assuming equal drivers. Engines have similar output; rx7 weighs about 1000 lbs. less, and feels it.

My s4 will not run in the 13's. If yours does, it is faster than mine. What were your numbers?
Old 01-31-2000, 12:17 AM
Edmund L

A stock supra TT runs 13.5 sec 1/4mi - basic upgraded ones run in the 12's. This is BS (nt)