S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

A serious note of caution to everyone!! Racing is a CRIMINAL offense! (LONG)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sounds like wrong place, wrong time.

Sorry bud. From your point of view, you definitely got the raw end of the deal. I wish I could help you on this one, I really do. I admire you for holding out about telling your wife, very cool.

From the cop's point of view, he may have just driven up and saw your one time point of acceleration & going by your "friend's" reaction to you, nailed you for racing. You have to remember, officer's hear a crap-load of excuses every day.

Since I wasn't there, it sounds like there's chicken feathers on this one though. Keep us posted. I hope your atty. gets you off the hook.

Call me and I'll call the officer and tell him your my cousin...hehe.

Or better yet, move to SA!
Old 08-24-2001, 12:24 PM

You're right on the money here. Ditto for here in SA
Old 08-24-2001, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanx being a dispatcher/911 operator was the best job ever.. if only it paid more then 23K....
Old 08-24-2001, 12:28 PM

Hehe... so, do you let S4 drivers off more frequently?
Old 08-24-2001, 12:34 PM

Wow, best of luck. That's just plain scary...
Old 08-24-2001, 12:36 PM

Default :)

First off, I'm a "Community Policing Officer" now. My last assignment was a traffic officer a year and a half ago.

The position I'm in now, we rarely write tix at all, only if it happens right in front of us. Well that's not completely true, we are required to run radar in school zones. Been a hot topic in SA for awhile.

In answer to your question, yes, I'd let an Audi driver go after I told them about our gruppe! Unfortunately, there are not many Audi's in SA, let alone S4's. I think I've seen 2, no caca.

(temporary link provided. regular one's not working.... stagonline.org)<ul><li><a href="http://stag.goobsoft.com/">http://stag.goobsoft.com/</a</li></ul>
Old 08-24-2001, 12:36 PM

DAAAAMMMM THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Just say if you WERE racing you'd have smoke the Z28!!! =)
Old 08-24-2001, 12:38 PM

Default well, if I ever get pulled over in SA...

i'll ask the cop:

"uhhh.. do you know a guy on your force with the last name 2.7?"

he heh e heh e

:P
Old 08-24-2001, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor

Default I've already heard the story from Josh himself, and yes it's pretty messed up...

But, being a cop must be a hard job sometimes. Although what I think he did was wrong, I can understand the adrenaline rush you get when you have to pull your gun on someone...especially when that person has a loaded handgun in their car.

Then again, if the loaded handgun was on his passenger seat, what's the big problem? You can have a personal firearm in washington if it's in plain view can't you? (ie: unconcealed if you don't have a concealed weapon's license.)

All in all it's ultimately the Camaro guy's fault...even though the cops over-reacted majorly.
Old 08-24-2001, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Most cops...

are genuine *******s on the job.

All cops think they are above the law, on the job and off the job. People who become cops are people who are compensating - otherwise they wouldn't be asses when some stupid **** happens.

On the other hand, I got nailed doing 60 in a 45 about 3 miles from my home, over roads I have driven on for 10 years. Got off with a warning after the cop asked: "do you know how fast you were going" I responded "45, 50, 55, I don't quite know". Cop asks: "do you know what the speedlimit is?" I respond: "I think it's something like 45"

He writes up my ticket after running my plates, etc. and tells me to watch the speed.

So, there are a few (and I mean a FEW) exceptions.

But a pet peeve is a cop on the highway who is doing 85 or 90 and everyone else is doing 65, and he thinks it's ok for him to drive dangerously because he's a cop. My ***.

Anyhow... sucks about the fine. Just goes to show.

Quick Reply: A serious note of caution to everyone!! Racing is a CRIMINAL offense! (LONG)