S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

shop/distributor horror story...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shop/distributor horror story...

Alright, well im kind of a newbie to this site seeing as how I only purchased my audi about 2 months ago - and thats when I started reading the forums here on a daily basis.

Unfortunatly my first post is a bad one.

Story (posted on the a4/s4 boards):

So I take my car to autothority in virginia to order springs for my 2001 1.8tqms - and they in turn have to order them from auto addiction out of allentown penn.

The springs take about a week to get in and I pick them up to have them installed at wagensport (closer to home, open on saturdays, and about 150 dollar install difference is why I didnt have the springs installed at autothority).

Saturday comes along and I take my car into the shop and leave them with it for the whole day. Around 4 pm I recieve a phone call from them asking who I got my springs from. I told them autothority and they that autothority had ordered me springs for an 83-87 audi coupe.

I rushed up to the shop only to find that the front end of my car was an inch off the ground and the back all the way up. (it seems as though an 83 audi coupe weighs a little less in the front then my car). By this time its closing time, they want to leave - autothority is closed - and the only rental car place that will rent a car to a 22 yr old is about 45 minutes away (dulles airport for those of you who know the area).

So i rent a car for the weekend, call up autothority on monday and inform them of the situation. They get on the phone right away to auto addiction to find out how the wrong springs ended up at their shop. I was very impressed with how quickly and efficiently autothority was on top of the sitution. By mid afternoon they called me back and let me know that auto addicion was taking full resposibility for the mistake and would reemburse me for all the fees up this point.

From here autothority wanted all of the fees that I had incurred up to that point:

instal - 270
cab fees - 50
rental - 300+

The paper work was faxed to them and they inturn faxed it to Ken @ auto addiction so that he could take care of it. Ken ships the right springs over to me and they are installed correctly.

5 days later, no check.
6 days later, call was placed to autothority who then called auto addiction who said that their boss was out of town for the week and he will take care of it when he gets back.

This week, boss gets back in town - doesnt return autothorities calls all week.

Today, boss tells autothority that he will pay for one install only. He will not pay for any other fees caused by THEIR OWN MISTAKE. "No one in the industry does this" says auto addictions boss. Regardless of his little underlings running around while he is out of the office saying that everything will be taken care of INCLUDING the 400+ bucks extra i spent b/c they screwed up.

ok, so now to my question:
Is a lawyer in order? What are my options? Has anyone dealt with this kind of crap before? What about auto addiction - anyone know anything about this company?

Im not rich, and this 400 dollars is money that is going to hurt if I cant get it back.

thanks to anyone that replys.
ted