S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

And since im so pissed about this topic a little defenition from the dictionary for 2.7Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And since im so pissed about this topic a little defenition from the dictionary for 2.7Dallas

Main Entry: in·duc·tion
Pronunciation: in-'d&k-sh&n
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 a : the act or process of inducting (as into office) b : an initial experience : INITIATION c : the formality by which a civilian is inducted into military service
2 a (1) : inference of a generalized conclusion from particular instances -- compare DEDUCTION 2a (2) : a conclusion arrived at by induction b : mathematical demonstration of the validity of a law concerning all the positive integers by proving that it holds for the integer 1 and that if it holds for an arbitrarily chosen positive integer k it must hold for the integer k+1 -- called also mathematical induction
3 : a preface, prologue, or introductory scene especially of an early English play
4 a : the act of bringing forward or adducing (as facts or particulars) b : the act of causing or bringing on or about c : the process by which an electrical conductor becomes electrified when near a charged body, by which a magnetizable body becomes magnetized when in a magnetic field or in the magnetic flux set up by a magnetomotive force, or by which an electromotive force is produced in a circuit by varying the magnetic field linked with the circuit d : the inspiration of the fuel-air charge from the carburetor into the combustion chamber of an internal combustion engine e : the sum of the processes by which the fate of embryonic cells is determined and morphogenetic differentiation brought about
because i know you have thinkng problems it is defeintion d: which concerns our debate. Does taht say what i think it does yes it does it says the inspiration of the fuel air charge into the COMBUSTION chamber. Once again have a good night
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary
Old 10-13-2003, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Dude, our cars don't have carburetors.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Elder Member

Default I'm really going to have to disagree with you. Nitrous is not forced induction.

Nitrous is not compressing air, its adding it. There is no "forcing" to nitrous. It just added in like a injector lets in fuel. any arguements to this, sir?
Old 10-13-2003, 08:38 PM

hehe lol the combustion chamber is obviously the important part of teh definition lol though
Old 10-13-2003, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Expert

I agree with you, but this is officially the stupidest argument on AW in a long time.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Expert

You posted it, not me.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Elder Member

I'm sure there has had to be worse....
Old 10-13-2003, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Me too, I just can't think of one.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:42 PM

Default I agree with the stupidity part but based on all the tech books i have read they all define forced..

induction simply as putting more oxygen into the combustion chamber than the engine could normally ingest on its own. So loosly defined N2O is forced induction cause no matter what you are cramming more oxygen into the combustion chamber. As far as the stupidity thing i agree i just got pissed off that someone could take a simple statment and start insulting someone over it.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:43 PM

Hehehe yeah but the sand in the engine is still the most entertaining story hehe

Quick Reply: And since im so pissed about this topic a little defenition from the dictionary for 2.7Dallas