S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Small MarkP template mod - column rearranging for logs not taken with markp group file.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Small MarkP template mod - column rearranging for logs not taken with markp group file.

So I logged a lot before I knew of the MarkP group file. It happens that I logged pretty much the same things, but in the CSV it's all in a different order.

After manually rearranging the columns a few times, I decided to automate that and ended up adding a routine in the import macro which rearranges the columns into the expected order to be pasted directly into the templates. The neat thing was I could then run my A4 1.8T logs through there two and it worked great for getting a quick look at boost, timing, fuel.

Anyway, is there any other interest in this, or am I the only one that has a lot of logs from before I started logging with MarkP's typical group file?
Old 10-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IIRC, Mark recently made that update...

might be still in the testing phase though.

-Dave Pramanik
Old 10-18-2006, 02:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting.. Yeah I have the latest public release. Oh well.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shoot Mark an email. I'm sure he wouldn't mind having you test it out.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Please beta test the new version....

I created new graphing templates that allow you to use whatever Group file you want and it finds the variables on it's own (regardless of order).

With the new template (ver. 11), you have to paste your column headers (from the CSV) into the green section and paste the corresponding data in the red. This way the template knows what the data represents. It then grabs it and puts it in the correct graph. Ask if you have any questions...

The only limitation, of course, is that if I didn't create a graph for a given variable, the data won't get graphed if it's in your group file - but at the same time, it won't stop the other stuff from being graphed. If I find that people are logging other variables that what I have in my graphs, I can add more graphs for those other variables, but at this time I think I have the most common ones addressed.

I've modified both the single-gear pull template (RPM as x-axis) as well as the multi-gear template (time and/or speed as the x-axis). The multi-gear is near fully complete, while the single gear I've only applied the changes to the first tab. Please let me know if you have any issues with that tab, as I'd like to get that working near perfect before I port the changes over to the other tabs...<ul><li><a href="http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/s4/ecux/template11/">http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/s4/ecux/template11/</a</li></ul>