S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

So, if I get the downpipes while they're still on sale, will my K03s last until

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 05:30 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That's psuedo-science right there.

"It flows poorly, that must be why my turbos failed!"

Riiight. You keep believing that.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Your Mother Must Have DROPPED YOU ON YOUR HEAD AS A CHILD!!!......Because..............

my point was that K03 failure CAN OCCUR with a COMPLETE stock set-up.

Does adding DPs POTENTIALLY influence K03 failure due to turbo overspin - maybe.
But, K03s can fail for numerous reasons (overspin, lack of proper oil lubrication, etc.).

With respect to my point about "breathing better", EVERY tech I've spoken to has told me that turbo and big block 8 cylinder engines both benefit from any reduction of restriction (i.e. breath better) in the intake and exhaust systems. You can pass this off as "psuedo science", but I'll listen to professionals in the field. Especially when MORE THAN ONE has stated such - independent of each other.

Now, the lack of significant back-pressure in the exhaust can be BAD (as well as GOOD), and have potential impact on low end torque. I know this - because I experienced this with my 951 Porsche. I had some mods made to the stock exhaust to "reduce restrictions" and experienced a significant reduction in low end torque.

I've been told that Porsche tuning takes into account back-pressure from the stock exhaust system. In the end, I decided to go back to stock size piping where it had been "modded".

So, if you have a PERSONAL ISSUE WITH ME then BRING IT ON and don't hide behind counter posts to my posts!!!!

<continues to roll eyes back @ RKA>
Old 12-30-2004, 04:11 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Back up the cart einstein...

You insinuated that aftermarket dp's would somehow prevent turbo failure. I disagreed with that wholeheartedly.

The rest of the common-sense points you brought out are undisputed (sorry to disappoint).
Old 12-31-2004, 10:48 PM

Default Yo... S4 Guru...I Didn't "insuate" Or Infer Any Such Thing..My ORIGINAL Statement Was ------>

"Your K03s Will Thank U...They Will Breathe Better!!!..."

HOW DOES THAT STATEMENT "INSUATE" OR INFER "that aftermarket dp's would somehow prevent turbo failure" ??????

I did not make ANY reference (overt, or subtle) to "turbo failure" in that statement!

I HOPE TO HELL THAT YOU ARE NOT A LAWYER OR DO ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES PRECISE READING AND/OR INTERPRETATION!!!!!!!!

HOW YOU (MIS) INTERPRETED MY STATEMENT AND EQUATED IT TO MEAN THE PREVENTION OF "TURBO FAILURE" IS BEYOND HUMAN COMPREHENSION!!!!

YOU ARE TRULY A MEMBER OF THAT SILENT MAJORITY - FONDLY KNOWN AS "UTTERLY CLUE-LESS"!!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 07:16 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default His question was in reference to turbo longevity and reliability...

Your quoted answer was a direct response to that. You're bright enough to add 1+1, right?
Old 01-01-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Yo "BOZO"..It SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS THAT I DID NOT DIRECTLY ADDRESS HIS ???...I GAVE MY OPINION..

which was that he should DO IT because his turbos WOULD BREATHE BETTER!!!

AT NO POINT DID I ADDRESS TURBO LONGEVITY IN MY ANSWER MORON !!!!!!!!

nuff said!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 06:50 PM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Perhaps next time you should read his question, and address

his questions directly.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:45 PM

Default WHY???.......Did I Break Some LAW By GIVING A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE To Someone's Question??.......

Save the GROUP THINK for **** GERMANY and Republicans !!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 07:08 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default My left boot is a little bit bigger than my right boot.

Guess which one is in your a$$ right now?

Isn't it a little confusing when someone throws a thought out without tying it to the subject being discussed?

Keep the boot.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Yo CLOWN-FACE...My OPINION WAS relevant to the SUBJECT (DPs)..It JUST DIDN'T ANSWER HIS ????........

Taking BROWN STAINED BOOT FROM A$$ and PUTTING IT BACK IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!

Quick Reply: So, if I get the downpipes while they're still on sale, will my K03s last until