S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

So third time must be the charm....(blown K16's again)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He posted in other newer posts than this as well.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default it is interesting to me that you make all of these assumptions and conclusions

about me and what i'm going to do before you even tell me about your problems. Reading this thread is the first I have heard about your current problems. If you were having issues earlier with the car not making boost, why not email me or contact me to see if I had any suggestions? If you would like to email me we can talk about possible ways to fix this problem.

Now a few of your statements are lacking in truth....
"There is no way you can cause this failure via installer error. It is clearly a defect in the workmanship" Have you determined what kind of failure it is? I didn't think you had the turbos off the car yet.

"Jacob either overmachined the housing or didn't put the gasket in well" Overmachining the housings will cause oil to leak? Your installer would have installed all of the gaskets on the turbochargers....there are no gaskets internally in the turbocharger.

Like I said, please contact me so we can get something worked out.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:36 PM

P I M P
Old 10-17-2005, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Jacob, I make no assumptions and the conclusions are fairly easy to draw.

So picture this -- you pressurize the intake to 10 psi -- then you put your finger on the coldside housing seal and you feel a rush of air right through where the two parts of the turbo housing meet. You don't need to have the turbo's off the car to test this out -- just rack the car and take off the bellypan. I was not aware of "my installer" having to crack apart the actual turbo housing for anything so i don't see what you're trying to say with your last statement. I never said there was any oil leaking -- if you read my post -- i clearly stated that the previous set was leaking oil not this one.

As for why i didn't contact you right away -- S4's are finicky cars. There are a ton of places where you can be leaking boost and I was not going to bug you until we had the cause nailed down. As a matter of fact i was sure that you tripple checked everything on these turbos since they were going in to fix a broken set. They were the last things i could think of as culprits until today when we actually did a pressure test with the car on the lift.

Again, we can take this offline and work out a solution. If we do -- i'd be happy to post that you're a standup guy, but as of right now i'm one unhappy camper and you can probably tell why.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My bitches better have my money!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you have every reason to be unhappy.........

my apologies for misunderstanding what your current problem was. The "blown K16's" comment in the original post threw me off.

Please do contact me off the forums, i don't see how we are going to make any progress in getting your car fixed any other way.

There are a couple things to check before the turbos are removed, so please do contact me before anything is done that could possibly not have to be done.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

they have it all...that's the problem! =D
Old 10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

YGM
Old 10-17-2005, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can count on two hands how many have blown from craftsmanship....
Old 10-17-2005, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default oh thats right....i forgot that every hybrid was sent to you for craftsmanship inspection......

how silly of me to forget. Oh, and i also forgot how much knowledge you have of building turbos......

Normally I refrain from replying to you posts but sometimes i just cant resist

Quick Reply: So third time must be the charm....(blown K16's again)