S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Some neat little features I like.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-1999, 01:46 PM
Demetri

Default Some neat little features I like.

Has anyone noticed that the gauges light up when it gets dark outside without turning your lights on? How about the two little lights in front of the sunroof control? These illuminate my hand in front of the center controls at night. Pretty cool.
Old 10-20-1999, 02:04 PM
Jim De Arras

Default Re: Some neat little features I like.

Believe it or not, one thing I'm REALLY looking forward to is filling the gas tank!

I've driven an 88 80Q, with cold weather package, including the ski "condom", for 12 years now. For those of you not aware of what that means, the gas tank was behind the rear seatback in Quattros, and the ski "condom" version had a very oddly shaped gas tank, to allow that passage through to the passenger area. The result being the gas flow from the filler was slow, and "splashy". This usually means fighting with the gas nozzle to find the EXACT angle at which gas would flow freely enough not to trip the gas nozzle splash back cut-off.

So, for 12 years, now, filling the tank has been a ritual, where I adjust then hold the gas nozzle the whole time I am fueling. I know EXACTLY which nozzles are most forgiving at the local stations. Sometimes, the nozzles are set so sensitive that I simply cannot fuel the car at that pump, and must move on and try a different pump, or even station.

Always made road travel more exciting!

But I look forward to just sticking the nozzle in, locking it on, and walking away like a normal driver!
Old 10-20-1999, 03:09 PM
AvramD

Default Similar problem in my 4kcsq

Hey Jim,

My 4k is the same way - I find that if I put the nozzel in TOTALLY up-side down (i.e. handle sticking straight up in the air), it works almost always.

Of course I don't have a ski condom in my 4k, so I suppose this won't help you - even for your last 3 weeks 8-)
Old 10-20-1999, 03:31 PM
steve l o

Default Lights in the dash are always on.

There are a few tunnels on the I-90 in Seattle. If I drive through them during the day, the lights in the dash are on. The same thing happens in our 1995 Jetta. The dash lights come on when you start the car. I don't think being dark has anything to do with it.

Steve L O
Old 10-20-1999, 07:45 PM
mpm

...and the little LED's only come on w/ the lights