S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Some new pics of completed GenX GT manifolds:

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Put some heat cycles on those bad boys and get back to me. :) I'm also interested...

Your now saying the tials will make more hp at less boost with a wider usable power curve, Over all the other GT kits out OMG!!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Internal piping on stock manifolds is slip fit for a reason.

You should check your facts because your 10000% wrong there should be zero rattling noise coming from them sorry...
Old 05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not worth getting into at this point. The logs will reveal how boost is effected running stock

manifolds and large turbos. I do remember seeing Johny's logs of his super large TiAL GT's and they weren't making full boost until 5500+rpm or so.

I know it's an unfair comparison because these were not production spec turbos, but that lag was similar to GT2871R's on tubular headers.

Once a TiAL kit is finished as well as a GenX kit we can really draw conclusions regarding spool/power etc... But for now, can't make any generalizations like "stock manifolds are better" - and to be fair, vice-versa for tubular headers.

But just ask any knowledgable turbo fabricator out there whether they prefer a log style or tubular style. I know TiAL uses stock to keep costs down, but please don't try to play up improved performance over tubular headers as a major factor.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Not worth getting into at this point. The logs will reveal how boost is effected running stock

Well said Alex, we could never really get a good comparison because of all the different variables involved,if you send my manis and the stockers to anyone in the country they will all pretty much say the same thing... But hats off to tial for making a bolt-on turbo...
Old 05-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I don't know... these look pretty nice to me...

I will tell you what, we can send the stockers out verse mine to 3 independent companies for data.. I will guarantee theres zero comparison...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I agree with most of the stuff in this thread...

I don't think anyone really intended anything ill with these posts, forums are here for discussion. To find out information. I think this kit looks excellent personally, but I still want to "see" something besides pictures of hardware that "looks" real nice. In the end, its the performance that matters. generationjdm seems real quick to retort any post that asks questions about his product. I think that is one reason other people are so quick to jump on the other side of the fence. We all want a good product, but you have to back up the talk in the end. I hope this kit performs as well as it "looks" like it should. It benefits the B5 community as a whole.

cheers
Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 PM

Default Ummm okay...

To what end? I "guarantee" that each of the various GT offerings are different from one another. Your kit will appeal to some, for sure... but to others, the TiALs are perfect, and for still others, the ASP kit is better. I'd be VERY surprised if they all performed similarly, especially since the tuning options are wide and varied for the TiAL kit. The "best" option is going to vary by the metrics which are important to each individual.

The TiAL options are positioned well for people who want useable power throughout the widest portion of the tach, with a MUCH higher ceiling and better reliability than anything in the Borg Warner parts bin, for not that much more money.

I hope your kits work out as well as you hope.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Ummm okay...

You keep saying the widest power band when this is completely 1000% false..I haven't seen 1 graph that showed the car making any power until 5-5500rpm. I doubt you will ever see a broader power band then the gt2554ss or the 2560ss.. Epl,Vast,Asp,Vag,SSP, just to name a few all have software for the gtss which is far more options then the tials, I'm sorry but your having a very biased view on all this because your friend designed them and you have them on your car, not to mention the personal investment stake you have in all this... I'm not trying to compete or compare, but your making it really hard with some of the stuff your spreading...
Old 05-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: I don't know... these look pretty nice to me...

Just remember the stock restricted LOG STYLE manifolds where designed for a 200hp car not a 600+hp car..
Old 05-15-2008, 10:22 PM

Default I see you point of view...

...but I don't think there's much point to this discussion unless and until the GenX goodies are actually installed and running...

There are several TiAL cars in various stages of tuning right now, so I have some data to work with. When you have data, I will be interested in it, too.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Some new pics of completed GenX GT manifolds: