S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Some pics from recent track day at Mid Ohio .....Big Thanks to Sideline Sports Photography

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Rest In Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good point - I forgot that you weren't there.

Turnout spiked a little in the last few days, just enough to break even (as usual, although always frustrating).
Old 06-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Elder Member

Default Hmm, alright.

Not quite seeing what you're talking about. There was one that was tilted a bit to allow the entire "Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course" sign to fit in the frame. It was a bit tricky of a shot (I was experimenting) so not all turned out perfectly.

We always make a special effort to fit in special requests. Please let us know what you'd like to see, if we don't have it. We'll do our best to fit it in, unless you say you were lifting all four wheels while shooting flames out the back, when you were really being lapped by the entire field. ;-)
Old 06-28-2005, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Great pics! I'm still waiting for mine......
Old 06-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Elder Member

Default Working on it now. :)

(Ed spent the $10 fee for the rush charge, which promises shipment in 5 business days). 15 business days will be this Friday, so all will ship by then, or earlier I hope.

Thanks much for your business!
Old 06-28-2005, 01:49 PM
Rest In Peace

Default LOL - you mean you can't add some "special effects" to make me look like I know

what I'm doing? Boo. What if I paid an extra $5 to have you p-chop some supercars in front of me giving me the pass signal. :-p

I'm just teasing about the tilted shots - they still look nice from an action standpoint, but I'd always think tUnEr as I looked at it, and I know that some of my buddies would give me crap for it.

The other ones seemed to be on the straights or without some perspective in the turns (just going from memory here). My favorite shots are like the ones in my sig pic, where you can see a good portion of the turn. Ed seemed to get some nice ones - maybe I didn't look hard enough for the ones of me in the same corners. His turned out pretty nice.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Great! Looking forward to seeing them.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Nice shots Ed, thanks for the ride. Made me really miss my M3. Next year... :-)
Old 06-28-2005, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Because the NYS DMV is a bunch of a-holes. :-)
Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Why? What's the story? Did you steal the car? ; )
Old 06-28-2005, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Hehe...I think they suspect I did.

Basically, the car was totalled and salvaged sometime in '99 or '00. Bimmerworld bought the totalled car and rebuilt it with the intention of making it their J-Stock race car.

It was re-titled in Virginia with a rebuilt salvage title and subsequently bought by a friend of mine in 2002. He rarely drove it because he had another race car and decided to sell it. He didn't know much about the history of the car but it had the Bimmerworld stamp of approval and that was good enough for me.

In 2004 I showed up with cash, bought it and titled it in Virginia when I lived there. After a year in VA I brought it back to NY when I left DC and planned on titling it here. Because of the out-of-state rebuilt title the NYS DMV needed to have their auto theft division inspect the car prior to issuing a NY title.

I finally got the appointment for a salvage inspection when I got back from Thailand. To make this even nicer, the car had to be towed there since the VA registration had expired while I was abroad. I don't own a truck or trailer so it was fun trying to find one, which I eventually did. At the inspection, the inspector found "a lot of work" had been done to the car and needed to know exactly why it had been totalled. Thus, the car did not pass the inpsection and the inspector needed to get documentation from the original insurance company who totalled the car in '99. That was a month ago, I called two weeks ago and was told that the insurance company had sent the wrong documents and that the inspector needed to contact them again and get the correct documents. I haven't heard back since and that brings me to today. I got sick of waiting so I went and bought a Ninja and the M3 is sitting in my parents' driveway until I hear back from the inspector.

And, that's the story.

Quick Reply: Some pics from recent track day at Mid Ohio .....Big Thanks to Sideline Sports Photography