S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

some video dyno runs from sat xxtuning dyno gathering

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just curious...M vs. T eliminate any other differences. I just wanted to make sure we weren't

comparing an A box with M or T boxes (2000 vs. 2001.5/2002)
Old 02-12-2006, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default please quit while your ahead PLEASE your points are understandable but your missing the fact

the dyno is stll a baseline. regardless if heat soaked k04's make lower power.

your comment about the dyno im not gonna touch for you to say that you really need to step back and think what your saying. no more then 40 sec ever? camon man, its the same dyno the race teams in germany use and its the standard.

all these damn dynos have different HP tq readings because none of the dynos are calibrated to a standard. its a freakin joke... the maha is the standard, but never the less no one listens *sigh*
Old 02-12-2006, 11:39 AM

Default ok...I'm not arguing that all dyno's read different, dude...calm down..haha.

You still missed my point, but thats ok...I never said it wasn't a baseline as you can still compare two K04d cars on the same dyno, I'm not arguing with you there. Lets just make sure we're not miscommunicating and spinning our wheels in vain, haha.

And if ALL the race teams in the entire world tuned their race cars on a MAHA, thats great....but these aren't race cars and don't see anywhere near the abuse a race car does, therefore are not as over-engineered as a race car would to withstand extreme conditions. The MAHA is a great dyno...I'm not arguing that. But I will leave you with this question..

When does an S4 see 40 seconds of constant load? and if even stock, how fast would it be going?

Now keep in mind the MAHA fans blow 70mph worth of air.

[edit] - Dynoing a stock car for 40seconds straight should be non issue...I am just not sure doing so in a modded car is such a great idea. However it would be a great way to see what breaks first. :-)
Old 02-12-2006, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default AMS has 6 stages!!!!! and it goes stg 1 stg 2 stg3 stg 4 stg 5 stg 6 all dif chips u cant say that

for ANY OTHER CHIP manufacturer, and they cant say it was dyno and tuned on a maha dyno.

ive talked to mark at ams alot about factors involving dynos, etc diff car setups, "home brew tuning", kids thnkin since they saw fast and the furious they know how to tune....*sigh*

on a side note, I dont see how some people(young bucks) believe they can start tuning a car as complicated as the motronic ecu without EVER jetting a carb. I have questions that would DEF get the wrong answer if i asked a so called tuner
about oil ratios and jetting concerns on two stroke bikes and jetting issues when switching to higher octane. cuz thats an issue alot of people still get wrong when asked about it. And i have had to argue the reasons over and over again.( I wont get into it here) but if i feel like calling someone out some day i would use those questions.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:45 AM

Default that is true....not other mani has 6 stages with specific softwares.

It would be awesome to see each one's hp/tq curves.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default right right, yea i mean even 70 mph still isnt perfect. i see yrou point, I guess im just one of

those guys who wants the best when i buy performance mods for anything. I mean hell, i understand yout point about the race cars.

I mean i am chimpin out on my coil overs, im going with stasis track sports and i really would want the big dog penskes with comp and rebound adj. not to say the tracksports arent respectful for track. or design. but in the world of racing atv's AXIS shocks(penske shocks) are the best. and i got em on my atv because i couldnt settle for less.

and to put things into perspective front shocks for my long travel pro trax front end cost $1350 and the rear cost 1250. for 3 SHOCKS!

back on topic...
so i guess what imn sayin is, if the consumers want the best they might as well be able to get there hands on it. I never believed that ("fair" tuning would be acceptable. there is a point with a cars motor that you can not tune it any more unless you make more modifications. when i think of a chip for a car I see a chip that is tuned to the max with a smooth powerband and a smooth a/f curve. thats why i like AMS and the dyno proved it. imagine if i go with asp dp's what ill make? i might have to bet mark from asp on this..
Old 02-12-2006, 12:18 PM

You can't go wrong with ASP dps...I have them and love them!! Sounds sick with ASP-TD and testpipes
Old 02-12-2006, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default eurostile has it link inside

<ul><li><a href="http://www.youtube.com/?v=eT3nXvHBXY8">asp full system on ams stg5</a></li></ul>
Old 02-12-2006, 12:28 PM

nice...now imagine that without cats.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I would just like to jump into this discussion, and share some info, on the MAHA.

The MAHA is the official dyno for the DTM race series in Germany, and it is also used by many of the european auto manufacturers such as VW/Audi, Ferrari, and Lamborghini. These manufacturers utilize the MAHA for emission, and durabilty testing amongst a host of other testing as well. Furthermore, MAHA engineers have collaborated with the manufacturers to design a metric system that is accepted to be as an accurate and reliable data acquistion tool. With this in mind, and in regards to the 40 second testing procedure, I don't believe that the protocol for testing is unreasonable.

At this current time, Marc has reduced the testing protocol down to approximately 20 seconds. He has done this in response to those concerned with the former test time.

As for me with AMS custom tuning, I have had well over 50+ dyno sessions on the MAHA at AMS, and have yet to break anything. People should be more concerned with their tuning rather than the load and testing time. As long as one's tuning is solid, there should be no worries.

On the topic of fans, the super deluxe MAHA fans at AMS produces wind speed well over 70 mph. However, a more impressive aspect of the MAHA fan is the capability of flowing over 85,000+ cfms. This is approximately 15 times the amount of volume of air in comparasion to the large Mustang dyno fans, which flow approximately 5500 cfms.

Quick Reply: some video dyno runs from sat xxtuning dyno gathering