S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

SPAM and possibly stolen S4 picture?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2000, 04:43 AM
Jay

Default SPAM and possibly stolen S4 picture?

Yesterday there was a thread posted by Ben Abrams with some GREAT pictures of his Black S4 in Boulder. Today I get a spam e-mail from Boulder Audi Tuning with one of those pictures (see https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/s4/36905.phtml) attached. Just an FYI for Ben, and a message to all companies out there in e-land. DON'T SEND UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL!!!!! I admit that this was more targeted than most, but this kind of SPAM is NOT welcome. Ben, if you do not work for Boulder Audi Tuning, I would recommend billing them for the use of your picture in an advertisement!<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/s4/36905.phtml">https://www.audiworld.com/forum/m/s4/36905.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 02-11-2000, 09:06 AM
Jake Ertle

Default A response...

Jay, thanks for the comments. In fact, Ben is a client of mine and I had his permission to use the picture. In an effort to better serve Audi owners across the country, I am notifying potential clients of our new web site. As of 11:00 AM MST, I had received numerous positive e-mails thanking me for the outgoing message. Rest assured that you will not receive any more messages from me.<ul><li><a href="www.fastaudi.com">www.fastaudi.com</a></li></ul>
Old 02-11-2000, 09:11 AM
Ben

Default Before getting all hot n bothered about my well-being, why not check out my registry page-see mods.

It befits us all to do a little research before we make accusations, don't ya think?
Old 02-11-2000, 10:10 AM
LCP

Default About your wheels...

Ben, I have a few questions regarding your Ronal's.

First, I take it they are 17x8, but what is their offset and did you have to
do anything to get them to fit?
Second, what size and brand of tires are on them and, especially if they are
235's, were there any clearance issues?
Third, do you know how much the wheels weigh?
Fourth, how much were they?

Thanks in advance, LCP.
Old 02-11-2000, 12:07 PM
Jay

Default Re: A response...

Jake,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I came off a bit hotheaded. It's just that unsolicited e-mail like that really burns me, because I get 10-20 SPAM e-mails on light days (sometimes 30 or more). I personally think it would be more appropriate to place an ad with AudiWorld or other web sites. Blasting e-mail to a bunch of recipients that have not selected themselves to be part of an opt-in list is not a good way to develop customer contacts. 99.999% of the time, I take e-mails like this, report them to the ISP of the site (using spamcop.net) and then delete them, pledging to never buy products from that company again. Whereas, if it were in an ad on the web page, I would probablly click on it. I have visited at least 30-40 web sites listed on this site through ads and links in the 3 weeks I have had my S4.

As for the picture, I am glad that it was used with permission. I apologize for inferring that it was used without permission. The car looks great, and it looks like Boulder Audi Tuning did a good job with the work.

BTW, why did you send the e-mail with the From: header listing ertle@colorado.edu? I'm not sure U of Colorado would want their domain associated with unsolicited e-mail.

Jay
Old 02-11-2000, 04:17 PM
Ben

Default The wheels are 18x8.5 on 225/40/18 Pirelli Winter 210's. Don't know how much they weigh.

For pricing, email me.