S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Swapping wood trim from my S4...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping wood trim from my S4...

I am going to swap out the Bird's Eye maple trim from my 2001 S4. Two questions:

1) Has anyone had experience with this (ie; taking out the existing 9 wood trim pieces and putting in different OEM wood trim)? If so, any advice or warnings? Should I pay the dealer to do it or can I do it myself?

2) Anyone with a sport/alcantera package S4 interested in my Bird's Eye Wood Trim? (all nine pieces from a 5 month old car in perfect condition)? If so, please drop me an email.

Thanks!
Old 05-09-2001, 08:57 AM

Default I really love my S4 but...

I don't 'swap wood' with it! ;-)
Old 05-09-2001, 09:04 AM

Default Re: I really love my S4 but...

you know, S4 ATL, I spent alot of time writing that post so as to make sure I did not leave myself open for "wood swapping" or "anyone want my wood?!?" comments!!

Seems like I am gonna get 'em anyway, huh?!? (ha-ha) :-)

Peace!

P.S. That's "Wood Trim" everyone...wood TRIM...(yeah, I know...now the "trim" comments are gonna come from the other side...ha-ha).
Old 05-09-2001, 09:05 AM
LCP
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're putting in different wood trim? Why? IMO, the gray birdseye's the nicest wood out there.
Old 05-09-2001, 09:11 AM

Got HIG? BTW, yes that has been done but I am ignorant of the details.
Old 05-09-2001, 09:11 AM

Default i did that with my car!!! a local friend has Black/Black and i Santorin/Silver Alcantera...

he wanted the aluminium, and i wanted the wood trim.
it IS a bunch of work!
the drivers side dash part isn't too bad, and the glove box part is tougher to reach, but can be done.
the dash and console (radio and all controls) have to come out to get at the small center piece.
the door trim isn't to bad to do. but BE careful to don't break any of the plastic studs that hold the trim and panels down.
Also.. the trim parts are held on with sheet metal "nuts" that thread over plastic posts on each trim part. time consuming and tedius job. me & Ken had a tech at the Audi dealer he used to at do the work WITH us after hours. (we payed him for his time, too.)
Old 05-09-2001, 09:13 AM

Huuhhh.. huuhhh you said TRIM!!
Old 05-09-2001, 09:21 AM

Default Re: i did that with my car!!! a local friend has Black/Black and i Santorin/Silver Alcantera...

Thanks for the info...I am thinking of paying the dealer to do it to save me the time/stress and also make sure the pieces come out without any breakage so I can sell the Bird's eye pieces to someone else who can use them...

As for why I am removing the Bird's eye maple...I just like my old A4 "darker" wood better...PLUS it will match the Allroad wood grain Tip shift **** I want to put in...UNLESS anyone knows where I can find that cool wood shifter (for TIPTRONIC) in wood grain that matches the Bird's Eye Maple frommy S4?!? Anyone...anyone...??? (thought not, see...that's why I gotta change all the wood)...

Sad, but true...
:-)
Old 05-09-2001, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh no, the "ambiente" A4 wood is much nicer, wish my S4 had it.
Old 05-09-2001, 09:36 AM

Default I'd like to swap my silver leather seats for the alcantara ones...

I didn't know what they were like when I ordered my car.. so I didn't get it... wouldn't mind having it if anyone doesn't like their alcantara and is in the dallas area!

Quick Reply: Swapping wood trim from my S4...