S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Taking traffic school for ticket questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking traffic school for ticket questions.

I got a Illegal u-turn ticket about 7 months ago, at the time I was not eligible for traffic school because it was below the 18 month period. Now it is past the 18 month ticket. Can I go back and take traffic school to have that ticket removed from my record?
Old 04-29-2002, 05:05 PM

Nope......
Old 04-29-2002, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

thats wishful thinking bro.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Actually....it's the judge's discretion....

The judge can allow you to take traffic school before the 18-month period is up. However, he/she can only grant that IF you go in and talk to them at the time you pay for your ticket (i.e. you must plead with him/her). Since you didn't do that, I believe you are screwed.

On a different note, AFTER you pay for your ticket, you are granted quite a long period of time (~5 months in CA) to get your traffic school certificate to them. I'm not sure what they would do if you just took an online course, and sent the certificate to the court requesting removal of the point off of your record (I suggest playing VERY dumb), and you might just get lucky and have it removed.

Good luck. Traffic tickets suck hard. The good news is that insurance companies generally don't look at your record very often...especially if you don't ever have any claims.

Chris
'00 Santorin S4
Convenience/Premium/Bose/Changer/Sub
UUC SS 40%
APR Bi-Pipe
APR Roll-Control Springs
X Chip
225/40/18 S-O3's on Moda R4's
Old 04-29-2002, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wouldn't that be nice!

I just got my unteenth speeding ticket and will be going to traffic school for something like my 12th time since I've been driving. In traffic school when they ask the class how many people have been to traffic school over five times and no one raises their hand, I gulp and hang my head low without raising my hand.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Take traffic school online Shredster!!!

You can do it in one evening instead of wasting a whole day, and you don't have to sit in class feeling ashamed

Cheers,
Jojo
Old 04-29-2002, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Oh yea, and this last one wasn't in Ventura County, it was in L.A. where they allow online...

...traffic school!! My last couple were in Ventura County (unless they allow online traffic school in Ventura now). I hear it is much quicker online and with 'cntl F7' keys, it makes finding answers a breeze in the lengthy text pages. So I take it you have done this? How long does it take? I got this bogus ticket on PCH and almost want to contest it even though I am indeed, guilty of speeding, but, but, but...

The cop was a jerk to give me the ticket as I was speeding for all of 1/4 mile with no buildings, no traffic, on a divided hwy with no driveways, no sidestreets, perfectly sunny. 60 in a 45 - BOGUS under those conditions!!

I can't think of instance where a warning would have been any more appropriate.
Old 04-29-2002, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Wasn't me, was the other half :)

He gets all the tickets (so far). It took him a couple of hours. Lets just say its not the world's most well-designed website, and its easy to speed through with all correct answers. LOL.

Just hold off those tickets until your 18 months is up! If all else fails, better start wearing drag in the car, so you can try batting your eyelashes at the nice officer
Old 04-29-2002, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hahaha... get in touch with my feminine side. I just may have to try that...

I find it disheartening to drive around knowing that I no longer have the luxury of being able to go to traffic school. I always see that peoples first concerns are their insurance cost and well yes, traffic school helps in that regard, but I am always more worried about my LICENSE!! I need to call the DMV tomorrow to see where I stand.

The worse part about the ticket is, I got it in a rental - four cyl Galant... a real piece-o-chit!

Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-29-2002, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hang in there, David!

I will e-mail you my "solution" as soon as I finish my real work today.

Quick Reply: Taking traffic school for ticket questions.