S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Terrible customer service experience - So. Cal

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrible customer service experience - So. Cal

Just wanted to follow up for all those who followed my saga with Holmes Body Shop.

In a nutshell, Holmes had my car for almost a month without performing any work. I removed my car from their Woodland Hills location at the request of the location manager. I am currently stuck with an $800 car rental bill.

I dealt with their customer service department as well at their V.P. of operations. I left several voice mails and I wrote a long letter to Tom Holmes the owner. I have not gotten a response at all from him. I have reproted them to the BBB and I am in the process of filing a report with the Bureau of Automotive Repair.

My next step is to have my attorney draft a demand letter to reimburse me for the cost of the rental, as well as loss of use due to their incompetence.

What I find truly amazing is all the literature they gave me regarding their high standards for customer service...

Whatever you do...DO NOT USE HOLMES BODY SHOP FOR REPAIRS!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2001, 10:56 AM

I really start to think So. Cal is bad for Audi. You, Nasa, Jyoteen etc..
Old 06-21-2001, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Something else you might do...

your local news station probably has a consumers affair reporter who helps people out when companies screw you over. That would be a HUGE way of giving them bad press and allowing you to get what you're asking for.
Old 06-21-2001, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah...I would love to see Bogey stand up for me!!!!
Old 06-21-2001, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Noel, I am all for giving incompetent businesses a bad rap and think this forum suits your...

...efforts well. When it comes to a company's customer service "yada yada yada," it is usually pretty much just that... a bunch of hot air. Performance is what matters in the end!!! BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR DILEMMA!
Old 06-21-2001, 11:12 AM

Cmon now, some us are having minimal problems
Old 06-21-2001, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default TOTALLY AGREE

I totally agree with you! I've filed a complaint with Audi as well. I also will write a letter to the two service centers in the Boston area!

I complained after I tried to make an appt. with Brookline Audi in the Boston area. They simply don't pick up their phones! The receptionist just keeps on saying I'm paging him but there's no response. this has happened about 5x where i would come back and talk to the recept. now if they were smart, why can't the receptionist make the appt? WOW WHAT A THOUGHT!

then i complained about Bernardi Audi. While their service is great. I'm sick of waiting 1 month to have my car serviced!

I told the Audi service rep., "I PAY FOR A LUXURY CAR AND I WANT LUXURY SERVICE" I'm starting to think Audi's service is nothing more than dog poop!
Old 06-21-2001, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks bro!
Old 06-21-2001, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Corroboration

They had my car for 6 weeks to repair $3K of underbody damage. They said they would reimburse me for my rental car because of their numerous delays. They have yet to do so, and I am out an additional $350. They returned the car to me with the airbag light on, and appear to have oversprayed the lowers on the driver's side doors. Do not use them.
Old 06-21-2001, 12:26 PM

Default Had the same experience with them...

but at their Riverside location. They had my car for two and a half weeks and all they had to do was replace my grill, the two fans, one of my lights and a new hood, which they had to paint.

They totally sucked. I went down there after talking to them several times and demanded that they finish my car within a day.

Most of that sh@t, I could have installed myself. They suck.

And check this out. The day I went to pick her up, three other customers come in the place (during the three extra hours I waited) and complained about their own cars being there and not being worked on, one already for a month, another S4 for three weeks, and this poor old lady...

Unbelievable !