S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Terrible experience with Skyler @ Achtuning..........

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to know what POS Syetem takes a day to verify funds? POS as in point of sale.

Sounds more like the funds take a day to end up back in Achtunings bank account, so they are waiting to receive the money prior to placing the order, prior to shipping the order. If so, this is a vary sad way to do business, once that card is approved by your POS machine, that money is gone from the consumer, granted it might not be in your hands yet, but you should be obligated to send the product if it's on hand.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I agree on that point

Being in banking..and at one time responsible for controlling risk in the merchant services portfolio...we always told clients that they were supposed to "bill on shipment" not before. That is one of my pet peeves too...I totally agree on that one.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:09 AM

Default One...go through Hartmann, Two...call your CC company, Three...sorry to hear about this...

I can't blame you for venting your frustration. Good luck getting it resolved.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default IMO in this case the customer put up with more than enough before posting

sounds like hes had a lot of trouble getting responses from achtuning, and the responses he has gotten were either excuses or blowoffs. I'm sure josh is a good guy, and i know things slip through the cracks, but you cant be surprised when they bite you in the ***.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:15 AM
Stätus Josh

Default Re: Umm sorry just have to say something about one of the comments

No but the likely hood of the charge coming back as a charge back or a fraudulent/stolen card if someone comes into the shop is pretty slim to none. We HAVE had people use stolen cards to try and buy stuff before, and we have had credit cards reverse payments to us for this reason. I have never ever not even onc had a local customer try and use a bad card. You'd be surprised how many people out there try and take advantage of us. It's gotten some bad for international customers that we require wire transfer payments and will not accept cards.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Oh come on Paul, of course not.

:-) But that's a very good point.

Does anyone else do business like this? Whether it be a tooner or other on-line store--you give them card #, they run it, and then they ship if there's still time left in the day. Never have I ever heard of a retailer waiting for the charge to "go through" before shipping. It's a risk you take as a retailer--no? (chargebacks)

The fact that you guys STILL haven't gotten past this notion of charging someone immediately but not shipping in such a timely manner is very disturbing.

Andy
Old 04-05-2005, 08:41 AM
Elder Member

Default Hi Andy, yes, I did send you two replacement wheels, no questions. :-) But I have to state...

...for the record, normally, if it's some thing I do not stock or some thing very expensive or some thing where I have no control, the normal procedure would be:

1) I file a claim with FEDEX

2) Wait for FEDEX's response

3 Then I send you new/replacement part(s) or refund your money

Fortunately, since I had the wheels in stock and it was not too big of an expense, I went ahead and absorbed the costs, no worries. :-)

Sometimes, stuff happens with carriers; as a business, you just have to write it off as an operating loss.

P.S. Hope you like the wheels. :-)
Old 04-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Elder Member

HERO POST, "it's good business for the sender to take care of it all."
Old 04-05-2005, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Right-o. That's understandable. Now I feel special :-)

Piggie summed it up well--"it's just good business for the sender to take care of it."

BTW, how is that claim going?

Andy
Old 04-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Stätus Josh

Default You guys may have something here and I"m going to look into even further changing our policy

Here's another reason you may not realize why we like to charge the day before: It usually (read: unless something goes terribly wrong like in this case) makes things ship out faster.

What I do at eh end of each day is PLAN for the next day. I get all the invoices together charge up what needs to charge up, and then go put them on my SHIPPING guys desk. He gets to work before anyone does, and everythign is ready for him to go. He goes and picks up wheels from Hartmann, then comes back and ships them. If I waited until 11am or noon even some days it would not give us enough time. Sometimes we sell 10 sets of wheels in one day and we have to plan ahead so we can get stuff out as fast as possible. May not seem like a big deal to you guys but it is donewith the hopes that it gets stuff out the door quicker. We now realize that it may be leaving too much risk involved so maybe we'll have to change our policy even further. I appreciate your honest feedback guys!

Quick Reply: Terrible experience with Skyler @ Achtuning..........