S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi S4 & RS4 produced from 1998-2002

Terrible experience with Skyler @ Achtuning..........

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 09:06 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FEDEX denied the claim but I'll appeal. We (you and I) did nothing wrong. :-)

No worries either way. Sometimes, stuff happens. :-)
Old 04-05-2005, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Hey if that's your policy, you have every right to make it such.

But effectively holding an order until it "clears" (waiting 1 day) is something that should <b>definitely be in the terms on the order page</b>.

Just realize that very few, if any, other on-line retailers practice this.

While many places don't ship immediately when an order is placed, at the same time they will tell you that up front (ie...We ship 90% of our orders within 48hours). Amazon is a great example. They always quote you some absurd time from order to ship date (like 4-5 days if you don't pay for express shipping). Fine, I'm not in a hurry, but then I'm pleased to learn that the item shipped on the 2nd day and then is going to be at my door within that 4-5 day window.

I've said it many many times, <b>underpromise, overdeliver</b>. Just state the terms up front, be honest, and be pro-active. In this case, if there truly were "unforseeable circumstances" that kept delaying and delaying the shipping of the wheels/tires--it would behoove you/Skyler to be pro-active and call/email the buyer every time there's a new excuse (I mean, reason . Especially since it appears to be difficult for someone to get in touch with you guys. Otherwise, IMO, it really does look like you're just stringing them along and BS'ing them with excuses. /end honest feedback from a peanut gallery member.

Andy
Old 04-05-2005, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I can totally understand a need for a different policy when dealing with internet based sales as the

chance for fraud increases. Overseas is even more so. It's one reason some retaillers won't deal with overseas customers, or international customers at all. I've done retail sales before and although I haven't run a company I am familiar with the issues you guys face. So I understand the need for precautions.

However I still don't see how waiting an extra day to ensure funds clear will help any since most charge-backs take 30-45 days to be initiated anyway. Like Andy stated just be up front with your policies so people know. However stringing a customer along for a couple of weeks is unacceptable.

Truck broke down? Well rent one. If it's only for a couple of days, keep your customers happy. It won't cost you that much.

If you say you have a confirmation number to send a customer be ready to deliver. Like Andy said at the very least, under-promise, over deliver.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:20 AM

Default I am showing those links as delivered on March 17th to your Florida address

That shipment should have required a signature before getting dropped off so please check to see if perhaps someone else at your residence has signed for it. Please let me know what you find out.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:12 PM
Stätus Josh

Default Thank you very much for your honest feedback. I really do appreciate it

and I really do VALUE your input.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well Steve........

I invoiced you for that beer and never got payment. The Beer was also delivered as promised, on time...still no payment
Old 04-05-2005, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Call us anytime, we are allways available

Stock check, price check problem or whatever are phone lines are allways open. If there is a issue with one of our products or venders call us we want to know about it!

Bill

Hartmann Wheels
425 895-OOOO
Old 04-06-2005, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Damn...that USPS is terrible...I never received your invoice...

Musta been lost in the mail.

Hey, my wheel/tire sale fell through to the guy in Chicago. You still potentially interested in the tires? I will sell them cheap..I don't have the room for them...and they make terrible paper weights on my desk here at work. :-(
Old 04-06-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Please use the classifieds

:-)
Old 04-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I've had a bad experience in the past too

I ordered Stoptech brakes. Supposedly they were in stock and I would get them a few days latter. My CC get charged the day I ordered. I got a call a few days latter saying that they were out of stock, and would be shipped approximately a week later. I was ok with that. When the promise date came and went, I called Skyler. He said they should ship within a day. I asked him if he could email me the tracking number when they shipped. In the next week to week and a half, this conversation was repeated about 5 times. Several times Skyler would ask me if he could call me back in 15 minutes, and then a day or two passed without hearing from him. IMO Skyler is quick to promise anything that the customer wants to hear, but fails to deliver on those promises. I received the brakes around 3-4 weeks after I ordered, after my CC got charged and I never did receive the tracking number. BTW this time and the previous time when I ordered some coilovers I was promised an Achtuning hat and shirt. I did not receive them either time.

In contrast I ordered some tie rod ends from ECS tuning. In the same day they sent me an email confirming that they were shipped and included the tracking number. The whole process was seamless. Maybe Achtuning should use ECS tuning as an example of what they should strive to be like.

Quick Reply: Terrible experience with Skyler @ Achtuning..........